• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's Honda Motorcycle worth?

I agree with 500 as is...BUT, good luck finding a shop to work on it. No one wants to work on old stuff anymore. I'm the only shop in town that works on any cars/trucks older than 2000. Motorcycle shops are scarce anyway, especially shops that will work on older stuff. I would investigate that as well.

take this from a guy who has owned his own motorcycle shop since 05..
not much, 20k is a lot on a single. it is a honda,but thats high and it will probably need a rebuild soon..
parts are gonna be impossible,they make hundreds of cars for every half a bike. the aftermarket cant make money building parts to keep them going. so that leaves you honda to get the parts....but manufactures stop making parts after 10 years,thats why dealers dont work on bikes older than 10 years. there are a exceptions to the rule,harleys are pretty old tech and the bikes are pretty much the same. but with jap bikes you have about 6 that are supported strong in the aftermarket and the ascot ain't one of them. you can get tires,chain and sprockets,clutches,cables,brake pads,and basic service parts. but if you need something like covers,body work,engine parts, carb parts, you will be sol..
try for 05 and newer,you will be happier...
hope that helps...

500 single thumpers are great for torque, that being said I’d be worried with the bent forks.
New front end cost what?
If cheap enough then fine. That being said if it’s a project you are really passionate about its great deal. If it’s just a cheap bike it’s crap.

Good eye. Maybe just seals? I think the shocks inflate via a Schrader valve. Maybe sitting that way due to not having any air in them?
It took a smacking. Hit something or something hit it.
Screenshot_20220701-052300_Brave.jpg
Betting there are other issues just due to impact as well. Wheel, mounts, frame. All the front bits probably got lost in that same impact.

Back
Top Bottom