• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's Honda Motorcycle worth?

Fairly pedestrian bike, certainly no performer. I remember test riding one when the were new. The front end impact makes it a challenge. Replacing the forks my be a real challenge. Possibly bent the frame a bit.

I've been looking for something like that for while. Without the fork damage it might go for $750+ on ebay or CL. As it stands, who knows, but I'd check you can find some fork tubes, (at a minimum), that'll fit before touching it. Also inspect the headstock, if that's moved, walk away.

Brakes $200, fork tubes $500, electric $20-$500, tires $200+, original headlight bucket $??? and a whole lot of labor and who knows what other little parts and such.
I had one in the early 90's. Loved that bike. One of the bikes I wish I wish I hadn't sold.

I'd like another someday, but the only way I'd get this one is if it was free and brought to me.

You'd have WAY more than $1,500 worth of aggravation buying that thing and 'hoping' all the systems are good.
Just buy this and ride it. https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/d/kennesaw-1981-honda-cx500-custom/7503078726.html
Infinitely more usable bike (in that size).
as long as the water pump is good.... i work on 05 and newer,but i will do service work on some older bikes.
i have a gl 500 (think little cx 500 goldwing) in the shop for tires. its a 81. very clean little bike.

What's your goal?....that bike is worth more as a display...imho...riding that wouldn't be worth the risk....if you want to ride...get something with modern electronics...especially if you're old...nostalgia is like patina...you can relate to them..because like you...they are also old... :)...

Brakes $200, fork tubes $500, electric $20-$500, tires $200+, original headlight bucket $??? and a whole lot of labor and who knows what other little parts and such.
...and you still haven't addressed all the other damage and what in the world happened to all the turn signals and such.

Silverwing? I thought those were 650s?
they made a few gl models. this one is the interstate.

Mid-Size Touring and the Little Wing: 1981-1982 Honda GL500 Silver Wing  Interstate - Motorcycle Classics

What's your goal?....that bike is worth more as a display...imho...riding that wouldn't be worth the risk....if you want to ride...get something with modern electronics...especially if you're old...nostalgia is like patina...you can relate to them..because like you...they are also old... :)...
If not for the fact I have met you...and know what a big summvagun you are...that would offend me.... ;)

Back
Top Bottom