• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best and worst live performance you have seen and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were quite a few "WTF did I just see" shows; The Seldom Scene somewhere here in Atlanta a long time back playing nothing but bluegrass cover songs of popular music. Iggy Pop at the 688 club, I think he play there three nights in a row . The talking heads in the Fox theater also in the 80s . And finally the bad brains at the metroplex, when HR jumped off the second stage balcony and grab the mic in midflight ... crazy, messed up days indeed...

I just look on e bay for ticket stub for sale from 1977 Fleetwood Mac Rumours Tour. Admission price of 6.50. I just bought tickets for Chicago with the Doobie Bros for 80 each.

Best: Metallica (and justice for all tour) Ozzy with Crue at the Omni & Godsmack at the Tabernacle just a year is so ago. Btw Godsmack will rock your face off!!! Disturbed (Tabernacle) Alison Krause (Chastain)

Worst: Ratt (at the Omni) Rob Zombie at Lakewood. Hansen...yes & don't ask why I was there but wow those guys sucked. Willie Nelson a few years ago at Chastain. Willie can still play but his singing days are way past gone.

best = tie between Led zeppelin at the Omni April 23 1977 and Pink Floyd {In the flesh} animals tour April 26th 1977
Man what a week!!!
honorable mention go's to ...The Who in the Gator bowl August 7th 1976

Worst= Meatloaf at the Fox theater in the mid 80's, he was so drunk he could barely stand up, nuttin worse than a fat sweaty drunk screaming to the top of his lungs

I want the "Aces High" album cover as a full color tat or airbrushed on both sides of an old Dodge Tradesman cargo van.
Hell yeah! I'd ride around with you in it!

nuttin worse than a fat sweaty drunk screaming to the top of his lungs
I can just look in the mirror on Saturday night and see that for free.
:pound:

I believe the best shows I've ever seen were Don Henley at Chastain when he had Timothy B Schmitt playing bass for him and in the middle of the show he let Timothy take over and did "I can't tell you why".Of course the Eagles had been on hiatus for several years at the time and that place erupted when they started that song.Also Bob Seger at the Omni several times was awesome.Ironically the worst show I ever saw was the opening band for Bob Seger as well, some bunch called Love and Rockets that sounded like high pitched static from start to finish,Never heard of them before or since.....just as well. LOL

Best: Billy Joel back in late 80s. Worst: AC/DC same time period. I actually walked out of that show they were so bad.
I went to a lot of concerts in the 70's and 80's and some since then, all were good and some were fantastic but AC/DC at the Omni sometime in the 80's was by far the WORST show I ever went to. Some band called The Fabulous Poodles opened for em' and were actually pretty good but when AC/DC played it was about as loud as a damn F-16 on take off. I couldn't tell what song was playing at anytime in that show except Hells Bells and I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't heard the bell. Less than 5 minutes into their show my head felt like it was about to explode it was hurting so bad. They absolutely SUCKED!

I agree 100% with Jimi Hendrix. Saw him at the 1970 Byron Pop Festival, never forget him doing the Star Spangle Banner, 4th of July 1970. A very close 2nd would be Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon tour at the old Braves stadium in 1974.

Worst was Skynyrd in Memphis, 1975. I'm a die hard Skynyrd fan, 23 concerts to date. They was tore up and put on a terrible performance. Golden Earring open up and blew them out.
In 1972 I got in a HEAP 'O TROUBLE for playing Hendrix doing the Star Spangled Banner in my 8 track player. That turned out to be a huge no no in a military school run by WWII, Korea & Vietnam War Veterans. Lol!

Man, I'm jealous! They're one of my all time favorite bands since I was a kid, but they hardly ever seem to make it to Georgia.

I hate that I missed the "Somewhere Back in Time" tour in 2008. They brought the "Powerslave" stage set from "Live After Death" on that tour and only played their 80's songs. I don't think they played any songs newer than the "Somewhere in Time" album on the entire tour.

That would have been my DREAM CONCERT!
The closest they are gettin' to Georgia on their current tour is Charlotte, and as much as I would love to see them again, I won't be making the trip up the road.

Alice Cooper opened for them when we saw 'em and he put on a stellar show.
Just got Deep Purple tickets, and Alice is gonna open for them also. Awesome twofer!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

The closest they are gettin' to Georgia on their current tour is Charlotte, and as much as I would love to see them again, I won't be making the trip up the road.

Alice Cooper opened for them when we saw 'em and he put on a stellar show.
Just got Deep Purple tickets, and Alice is gonna open for them also. Awesome twofer!:rockon::rockon::rockon:
Yeah for whatever reason, Maiden never comes to Georgia. I would think they'd have enough fans to play Atlanta, but I guess not.

Anyway, Deep Purple and Alice Cooper should be an awesome show!

Man I love going to ANY rock show. I've been to a few good country shows over the years too, but 80's rock/metal is my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom