• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the most money you have ever put in a lower built.

I agree. LOL Dude I am in so deep it would take a 10 foot snorkel just to get some air.

My point is sometimes you need someone to point out you might be getting in too deep. When you're spending as much on a lower as you can put into a complete LWRC DI, you might have a problem :D

Umm I buy Anderson lowers for $30 and populate them with PSA lower build kits for $99. Other than that I put an ambi-safety, BAD lever, and a nice budget trigger (ALG ACT, Larue MBT2, etc) then call it a day.
Yeah that. And I'm cheaper ( broker) than this guy so... About $150.00 to maybe $175.00.

I've alreay done the two tone color scheme more times than I care to admit. I still have one black and olive drab green and I really like that gun. It's a subtle change so it works for my taste. I just need to re-barrel it sometime in the near future. It's not shot out or anything I just want a more accurate barrel on it. If it don't shoot sub MOA it's got no place in my safe. I think the black-graphite color with little hints of silver will make it look good. At least I am hoping it turn out as nice as I think it will. I did this to my Remington R1 Hunter 6 inch long slide in 10mm. I stripped it down as soon as I got it and replace all the internals with Wilson Combat and It was all black on the outside. I mean it didn't have one spec of any other color but black. So I put a stainless mag release, extended lever slide stop, ambi safty, grip screws and a magwell all in stainless and it turn out really nice. So I though I would give that a whirl on this next AR.

Make no mistake about it mine will run just as good but it won't have all those high dollar optics, cans and military grade bi-pods. It's just goin to sport som bling my brotha, ya feel me? Every now and thens you gots to whip out some blings on a mother F**ker.

Well, I want it be able to reach out and touch someone with it. List of parts as of right now (I'll be swapping the stock for a MagPul UBR):
UPPER PARTS
VLTOR upper
Wilson Combat SPR 18" barrel
Geissele CH
Geissele MK8 rail
Geissele gas block
Surefire Warcomp
Lantac BCG
Surefire SOCOM 762RC Suppressor
Atlas bipod
LaRue SPR mount
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP

LOWER PARTS
FFA Boba Fett Lower (billet and 1 of 14)
DSG LPK
Geissele SD-C
Geissele Maritime bolt catch
Geissele Super 42 Buffer/ Spring
Seekins ambi safety
BCM Mod 3 Grip
VLTOR club foot Imod

Lower only $800 without tax stamp. Complete rifle $1880 forgot about the Surefire Warden setup - about $2120 including that.

Sure I'll play. I've had a couple lowers that were populated with PSA/anderson parts so they aren't very notable in price. I gutted my gun collection to consolidate and right now I am building my only lower (for now)

Here is the price list:

Yellowhammer arms Stripped lower 70
Milspec trigger (for now) 20
Noveske/magpul short throw 27
A2 dremmeled to A1 0
VLTOR a5 31
Springco green 20
A5h1 35
B5 sopmod 50
SOLGW blaster guts 40
Badlever 20
castle nut 0
Asap Plate 13
KAC trigger guard 20

346 but I'll drop a nicer trigger into it down the line. Not much for a very solid set up.

The real winner of the money pissing contest is whoever has a three pin lower on here..

Spike bill it lower, with engraving, spikes kit, fancy trigger. $500
Of course the laser engraved by our next representative from Dist 19in paulding county, nonliberal in his shop.DOBBS DEFENSE

By the way, IF you live in the Dallas area and are not familiar with, Brian Dobbs, it would be in your best interest to get to know him. He IS a great person who would be a new face on an old group of legislators that need some new blood.

Attachments

• 388C43F2-5B98-4C1A-84CF-6BC848C0E597.jpeg
    388C43F2-5B98-4C1A-84CF-6BC848C0E597.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 11
Yeah that would be nice. I would like to put a eye on it. That will give me some kind of idea of how mine will turn out. If anything else the Ti parts will be strong. I won't have to worry about them breaking anytime soon.
I can’t get a picture that looks good due to reflection but you get the idea. The charging handle and bcg are nickel boron. The forward assist and takedown pins are titanium. Pretty sure the mag release is just silver.
I love silver or stainless on a gun and wanted that incorporated. I like it but you always have the mouth breathers worried about reflection in a “combat situation.”
54D17D1B-D669-414E-82A4-19AB2E0AD539.jpeg

1CFE5796-12D0-411F-83B1-EEAAFB51D233.jpeg

I can’t get a picture that looks good due to reflection but you get the idea. The charging handle and bcg are nickel boron. The forward assist and takedown pins are titanium. Pretty sure the mag release is just silver.
I love silver or stainless on a gun and wanted that incorporated. I like it but you always have the mouth breathers worried about reflection in a “combat situation.”
View attachment 1456480
View attachment 1456481
Nice I just ordered a forward assist that looks like that one, might be the same one. I am to lazy to look now. I like the contrast.

Now I am one of those people that believes you never get out the same money you put it. You always take a hit. There are some people that do not believe in this train of thought. Can you imagine them trying to sell a lower like the one I am building. Here goes the add, ( ATX Billet 40 lower, decked out with titanium parts, JP adjustable trigger and magpul stock. For sale only 800 dollars FIRM! ). Now it would be set up a little different obviously but can you imaging the flack one would catch for that. You can buy two AR15's for that. I imagine that would be every post on the Add Thread. LOL:bolt:

Back
Top Bottom