• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the most money you have ever put in a lower built.

The lower itself, not much, I mean it's a lower. Now, the lower parts (FCG/BCG/grip/stock) I spend a good bit. I've never built a budget build nor have I tried. But I do use <$100 lowers on most every build.

Well I bought the ATX billet 40 set because it looks cool. It has a lot of 40 degree angles to it and I wanted something off the beaten path of a regular looking simple receiver set. I have a Jack billet lower 16 inch 6.8 but I really think it's a bit over the top but I want keep one. I had two but sold one. Since I wanted a really unique look without going to far I thought the contrast in colors and the different look of the receivers would really give me a gun that would look cool but not to far over the top like the Jack, or Warthog or the other Sharps receivers. It just so happens the path I took cost a freaking million dollars. LOL

The only thing I have ever went cheap on was the hand guard on my 14.5 inch 6.8. I bought a Trinity Force hand guard that was 89 bucks just to get it up and running. That's why I inquired about the Fortis handguard because I plan on replacing it with either the Fortis or the Cobalt rail when they come out which is supposed to be this month from what I gathered when I spoke to a Cobalt rep. Everything else I have always used real nice high quality ( which usually means high priced ) parts.

Hell I built a 1,800 dollar AR10 and the only thing that was unique was the burnt bronze chassis I used. It still looks like a regular AR10 just a little different on the color.

On the 14.5 inch 6.8 build I haven't replaced the handguard on it yet because I was waiting on Cobalt to come out with their universal rails. Those rails look slick. I think a good hand guard can either make or break the aesthetics of the build to a degree.

I don't think I have ever built a AR15 that was a penny under 12 hundred and that's at the least but it always shows in the end result.

I buily my last one for go, not for show. That said, I'm $375 into the lower with no trigger, grip or stock included. $780 with those, though the stock will be changed soon. The upper is where the money is. $1300 before you include bipod, optic, mount or suppressor. All said and done, (including everything) it's knocking on the door of $5000.

IMG_2502-X3.jpg

I buily my last one for go, not for show. That said, I'm $375 into the lower with no trigger, grip or stock included. $780 with those, though the stock will be changed soon. The upper is where the money is. $1300 before you include bipod, optic, mount or suppressor. All said and done, (including everything) it's knocking on the door of $5000.

IMG_2502-X3.jpg
Make no mistake about it mine will run just as good but it won't have all those high dollar optics, cans and military grade bi-pods. It's just goin to sport som bling my brotha, ya feel me? Every now and thens you gots to whip out some blings on a mother F**ker.

Back
Top Bottom