• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the stupidest Mod you've ever done?

I spent a few months (and many dollars) converting a 22/45 lite into a match pistol. Did every upgrade and conversion possible because i wanted to shoot comp rimfire at ga firing line. Even splurged and put a burris fast fire red dot on it and a special holster to accommodate a muzzle brake or suppressor. She's incredibly accurate with lots of cool features.

I sighted it in, went to the first tournament, and found out that they prefer you don't use optics so i would only be allowed to shoot one-handed or i needed to remove the optic. I skipped the tournament and went back home.
:doh:

image.jpeg

I spent a few months (and many dollars) converting a 22/45 lite into a match pistol. Did every upgrade and conversion possible because i wanted to shoot comp rimfire at ga firing line. Even splurged and put a burris fast fire red dot on it and a special holster to accommodate a muzzle brake or suppressor. She's incredibly accurate with lots of cool features.

I sighted it in, went to the first tournament, and learned that they prefer you don't use optics so i would only be allowed to shoot one-handed or i needed to remove the optic. I skipped the tournament and went back home.

View attachment 1234687

I did pretty much the same thing to my MKiii. It shoots lights out.
20160527_142429_HDR.jpg
20160527_142429_HDR.jpg

I sighted it in, went to the first tournament, and learned that they prefer you don't use optics so i would only be allowed to shoot one-handed or i needed to remove the optic. I skipped the tournament and went back home.

View attachment 1234687
Stop trying to turn Ruger tube guns into target pistols!

Back
Top Bottom