• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats up with battle worn finsish?

Good honest wear!

this was the first pistol / revolver I ever shot as a kid.
I learned how to shoot in his back 40. Good memories.
He was a dead eye. He spent time on the army rifle team and loved sitting in his back field watching me shoot cans with his model 63 at 50 and 100 yards. I have the 63 now and one day when my kids are ready for a semi auto (shooting a bolt gun right now) they will do the same. Took me hunting for the first time. I carry him inside of me everyday! Wish kids these days would realize how much they are missing.

this was the first pistol / revolver I ever shot as a kid.
I learned how to shoot in his back 40. Good memories.
He was a dead eye. He spent time on the army rifle team and loved sitting in his back field watching me shoot cans with his model 63 at 50 and 100 yards. I have the 63 now and one day when my kids are ready for a semi auto (shooting a bolt gun right now) they will do the same. Took me hunting for the first time. I carry him inside of me everyday! Wish kids these days would realize how much they are missing.

Amen brother, amen.

Cause it looks bad ass! Like @Radar363 said...."Bro, do you even operate?"

Here's mine! I have several in pristine condition.....I love wearing these guns out though and I put them through it!

This one's Cerakoted by GA Firing line.

6.jpg

This one I rattle can'd!

300 BLK.JPG

Cause it looks bad ass! Like @Radar363 said...."Bro, do you even operate?"

Here's mine! I have several in pristine condition.....I love wearing these guns out though and I put them through it!

This one's Cerakoted by GA Firing line.

View attachment 1099709

This one I rattle can'd!

View attachment 1099714

I have to say the top one looks pretty bad ass. It is not exactly what I was referring to. I mean making it look like you drug it behind the truck where the finish is removed from the high spots.

As far as rattle can. it is easy to remove and redo.

I have to say the top one looks pretty bad ass. It is not exactly what I was referring to. I mean making it look like you drug it behind the truck where the finish is removed from the high spots.

As far as rattle can. it is easy to remove and redo.

Thanks! They did a fantastic job on that cerakote and hasn't worn off a bit.

I got you on the "drug behind a truck" look. I misunderstood. I'm not sure why either....

On an AK built from parts, I get the look. On a new gun of any type that you drag down the driveway or sand on, or worse, paint the finish in said manner, it's comparable to a flame job on a Geo Metro- it just doesn't make sense.

They do the same thing (worn) with all sorts of things like furniture, repro tin signs, musical instruments, etc. Most of the time when I see someone with a factory worn musical instrument, they are beginners. Not always, but most of the time. If you just play the thing long enough it will get the desired effect. Just ask Willie.

3696548223_2f818afb5f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom