• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your dream hunting AR build?

Hunting WHAT, I must ask?

I'd really like 2 nearly identical AR rifles, both with fixed but stocks, both with 20 inch barrels, both wearing decent power good quality scopes.

One such rifle should be chambered in 223, and that would be my varmint rifle for predators, varmints, and generally speaking critters that weigh less than 90 pounds.

The other would be chambered in 308, or perhaps 7 mm 08.
That one would be for deer, hogs, possibly black bear, elk, or pretty much any other big game .

Both of them would have threaded muzzles,and I would like the option of using either one with a silencer . With the silencer on the end of the barrel I would probably have a practical barrel length (for carry and transport purposes) of about 27 inches. That's long enough, but not too long.

Each buttstock would have a cheek piece or riser to give me cheek weld while looking up through the scope .

Hunting WHAT, I must ask?

I'd really like 2 nearly identical AR rifles, both with fixed but stocks, both with 20 inch barrels, both wearing decent power good quality scopes.

One such rifle should be chambered in 223, and that would be my varmint rifle for predators, varmints, and generally speaking critters that weigh less than 90 pounds.

The other would be chambered in 308, or perhaps 7 mm 08.
That one would be for deer, hogs, possibly black bear, elk, or pretty much any other big game .

Both of them would have threaded muzzles,and I would like the option of using either one with a silencer . With the silencer on the end of the barrel I would probably have a practical barrel length (for carry and transport purposes) of about 27 inches. That's long enough, but not too long.

Each buttstock would have a cheek piece or riser to give me cheek weld while looking up through the scope .

Colt had what you're looking for, I shot it at the sniper challenge at Ft Benning a couple of years ago. We banged out with the 5.56, popped the pins and continued with the .308. The .308, 7-08, 260 uppers were only going to be offered by Colt, but I haven't seen one after that week.Obviously the Lower was only offered by Colt, but it would accept any AR15 upper. I guess they decided that there wasn't enough money or demand in it.

Back
Top Bottom