• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your favorite hog hunting weapon?

knife "most rewarding"
.22lr "most fun"
.22 mag
30-30
.308 "favorite overall; go to gun"
6.8 SPC " favorite platform; out of DPMS AP4"
30-06
7mm mag
.300 RSAUM
.300 RUM "personal favorite for destruction purposes. Not cheap to shoot though."
.38 Special
.45 ACP
.45 Colt
.450 Bushmaster
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 duramax with 6'' lift 35'' tires and a custom welded brushguard for pigs. It was my turn to drive. This was made to be a pig killing machine! Had one about 10-15 lbs get bounced around in the wheel well for a while.

Cant stand the critters but love hunting them. Will choot em with whatever I have on me. I want to get one with a .17hmr and one with a .50BMG one day.

All I shot with an 300 ultra just made a clean hole ,and made my shoulder hurt .I would not mind making a Texas heart shot with one just to see .

All I shot with an 300 ultra just made a clean hole ,and made my shoulder hurt .I would not mind making a Texas heart shot with one just to see .

The few I have shot with one using 180gr rem sciroccos out of a remington 700 sendero made a nasty nasty hole! I mean pieces missing and chunks no where to be found. All shots were 100-400 yards and the pig didnt have a chance of running off. With that said the entrance was a perfect hole but some of the exit wounds I could fit my fist in without getting nasty. I have made horrible shots with this gun and it more than made up for it. But at $3.50/ round it ads up quick, especially when your wasting it on 25-100 lb pigs.

RPG!!!!!!!!!! jk.....the only one i ever killed was with a 20 gauge with a 3/4oz sabot slug.....sure wish i had brought more than one round........

Cant remember it was years ago .I do remember using a couple different kinds of ammo though none of them were anything fancy though I was not paying that much to get beat up.

Back
Top Bottom