• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's your favorite hog hunting weapon?

Cant remember it was years ago .I do remember using a couple different kinds of ammo though none of them were anything fancy though I was not paying that much to get beat up.

I hear ya.. Those sciroccos arent cheap but worth every penny. I started shooting them in my .308 after that. Love the round and with that gun recoil was a little more than my .308 but less than 30-06.

I like shooting them at night 20 to 200 yards at night running wide open and watching them flip end over end a dozen at the time.. Numbers of feet pointing at the sky get me hard not numbers of feet I have to walk to look at them.lol

I prefer my Marlin 35 lever rifle and/or Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag. I have used the following:

22 wmr
22 lr
12 gauge
20 gauge
357 magnum (handgun/Blackhawk also)
Thompson Encore pistol with a 15 inch 308 barrel
probably one or two others I forgot about

I like shooting them at night 20 to 200 yards at night running wide open and watching them flip end over end a dozen at the time.. Numbers of feet pointing at the sky get me hard not numbers of feet I have to walk to look at them.lol

Too much information

I dont even know if it is legal. But I bet it will be a mess.

Nothing illegal about it, choot em' with whatever you got! Only on WMA's during the regular hunting seasons do you have to hunt with whatever the legal firearms are. The rest of the year it's whatever you wanna use if I'm not mistaken. But I don't think it's legal to use a .50 BMG on a WMA anytime, I could be wrong though, I've been wrong once or twice. LOL!

I shot them with .270s, 30-06, 8mm mauser and .223.

I'd love to get one with my .50 beuwulf next!

I'm trying to figure out the best night vision for running around the lease. Anybody have any the really like?

Back
Top Bottom