• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When I die.

Pfoneman

Wolf Icon
Frontiersman
53   0
Reaction score
My wife posed this question to me. If god forbid and the creek don’t rise, I was to meet my maker, do you have someone on ODT you would trust to help your wife sale your firearms and all things associated with firearms. I know what my answer would be but I’m curious what the community thinks? So say you.

My wife posed this question to me. If god forbid and the creek don’t rise, I was to meet my maker, do you have someone on ODT you would trust to help your wife sale your firearms and all things associated with firearms. I know what my answer would be but I’m curious what the community thinks? So say you.
I asked my landlord a similar question a while back. He has a Ruger 10/22 takedown with the factory suppressed barrel. Waited about 14 months to take it home. I told him that his wife ( retired public school teacher so.. dumbass) would not have a clue what to do with it much less any of his other guns. He told me his Marine Corps Presidential Detail nephew was listed on his trust. I told him that was a very smart move.

She knows what mine are worth . So does my daughter, which would get whatever she wanted. Now as far as loading equipment, not so sure.
My wife has a good idea as far as values too. I just don't know who I would want my favorite toys going to. I would like my younger daughter to get my Zastava underfolder since that's my favorite. But she doesn't give two ****s about guns. Not anti gun just apathetic. My son loves Russian/ Eastern European stuff so maybe he gets it along with the M57 Tokarev.
Then again...I COULD get buried with my AK... Just thinking out loud here.🤔

I believe if one our wives were to post on our account that we'd passed, and she needed help valuing/selling the items, the community would come together to help her with an honest appraisal.

And there would be a handful who would jump in the private messages to offer her tree-fiddy.
Yeah you're right on that one. There's plenty of honest helping hand types I've met here since 2013. But there's also enough greedy opportunists to go around as well.

My wife will ask some of my ODT friends for selling what she doesn't want, my oldest son has gotten what he needs from all ready and I also got his wife what she needs in guns and shotguns, my daughter first does not want any guns all she wants is all my autograph baseball stuff, I have . I just told my youngest son that he won't get anything, he asked why, I told him because your a Selfish, son n brother to your other siblings. I believe that my Gold and Silver my wife will donate to a no kill animal shelter because I put it in my will.

Back
Top Bottom