• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When the bullets run out---Battle Sword?

Since the only hand-to-hand thing I am good at is shaking hands,
I would prefer to invest in these...........

attachment.php

I own a couple of swords, but I wouldn't be carrying them anywhere with me. Now if I'm bugging in, one may be useful (the other is just a presentation model) if I run out of ammo.

But as someone else already pointed out, the best option for a bladed tool is a hatchet/tomahawk. Small and light enough to be carried and used for many different tasks, self defense being one of them.

So my co-worker and I were talking about swords the other day...he was asking me what do I do when the bullets run out? I said that's a fine question...which is why I try and make sure I have at least 1000rnds of each caliber I own...which I know is conservative by many others standards, but it's all I can do for now.

Anyways just to humor this argument, what would be considered a good battle blade? I'm inclined to say a samurai sword for obvious reasons, but was wondering if there were things out there that would be considered battle blades that were more functional than fantasy!

We talked about a post Katrina type senario, and also Book of Eli came up as well..something like a real sharp machette maybe?

Unless somehow all of my ammo gets stolen, my friends & fellow Instructors say they would expect to find me under or beside a fairly large pile of brass...

In an extended "doomsday" scenario, as good as I feel my planning,"team",& tactics are, I would not expect to survive more "shootouts" than my ammo supply could carry me through.

But in the spirit of the thread, I guess that in that kind of scenario, some of the reserves may have to be used for bartering purposes for immediate necessities.
Always plan for the unexpected.

Any experienced edged weapon Instructor I've spoken with said not to expect to survive multiple fights using edged weapons, especially against multiple attackers.

Most highly recommend carrying at least one gun & plenty of ammo.

Back
Top Bottom