• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When the bullets run out---Battle Sword?

Any battle sword should be long and have a one and a half or two handed grip. A one handed sword that is heavy enough for battle gives you almost no control. You can us a two handed sword one handed if they are properly designed and, with the right techniques, can be very effective in confined spaces. The Japanese Katana is a good example of this, but be warned, most of the ones available today are garbage. They are to heavy, and are made of crap steel. But, a good one is amazing. Now all you have to do is be willing to spend the money on one and learn how to use it. Just remember, after a knife fight, the looser goes to the morgue and the winner goes to the hospital.

Here's a look at a good one. Just make sure you're sitting down before you read the price. LOL

http://my-japan.jp/s_detail.asp?s_id=549&sel_sidx=00000005&sel_cate=katana

I'll buy 10 ARs and about 25,000 rounds of .223. You can buy the sword.

It seems that arming with blades for backup assumes that the "enemy" will also be out of ammo as well. Never bring a knife to a gunfight.

That being said, blades will always have a place in a close quarters combat but I'd opt for a old school bow and arrow....I don't want any potential enemies getting close enough to have to use a blade.
If I had to have a blade style weapon for CQB it would be a small hand axe of some kind--light weight, easy to handle in a tight space.

18 years of okinowan karate and shinkendo, incline me to always have a blade on me. i carry a sog seal pup everyday, but in a shtf situation, i would carry a kusarigama and a ninjato.

wow that's amazing you know how to use one of these:

www.karatemart.com_images_products_main_ninja_kusari_gama.jpg

After thinking about this question some more, I started wondering, "What device has the power to decimate anything that comes across its path?"

Of course the only sane choice would be a Blendtec blender.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v206_candykane101_blender.jpg

Back
Top Bottom