• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When to file second form?

The "Brown" form trust comes from Brown's Legal Forms, which is a reference for lawyers whom need a form as a go by. The majority of people use that trust, and the ATF really only reviews your trust to make sure it complies with GA trust law. Ga law is actually very liberal - in some states you can not be both the beneficiary or settlor of the trust and the trustee. GA has no such restriction.

If you used the form that Lax has posted and did not change any of the language other than putting your info in, it will work. The ones that attorneys do (including myself) don't work any "better" as far as getting the item, they are just geared towards NFA items and some of the potential pitfalls that can arise with them. Plus you get an attorney to ask questions and give a little peace of mind.

The "Brown" form trust comes from Brown's Legal Forms, which is a reference for lawyers whom need a form as a go by. The majority of people use that trust, and the ATF really only reviews your trust to make sure it complies with GA trust law. Ga law is actually very liberal - in some states you can not be both the beneficiary or settlor of the trust and the trustee. GA has no such restriction.

If you used the form that Lax has posted and did not change any of the language other than putting your info in, it will work. The ones that attorneys do (including myself) don't work any "better" as far as getting the item, they are just geared towards NFA items and some of the potential pitfalls that can arise with them. Plus you get an attorney to ask questions and give a little peace of mind.

Sounds good. I certainly was thinking about getting a lawyer but I'm really cheap and my neighbor down the street is a lawyer so push come to shove I'd just have her or one of her colleagues review it.

Sounds good. I certainly was thinking about getting a lawyer but I'm really cheap and my neighbor down the street is a lawyer so push come to shove I'd just have her or one of her colleagues review it.

And if you ever want to modify or amend it, give me a buzz! ;)

Back
Top Bottom