• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which 22 Can to Choose?

My buckmark is super easy to throw off balance since I replaced the barrel with a Tactical Solutions 4 inch barrel. There is no weight in it and the Mystic is too heavy to balance in the hand.

What are the most important features to you in the can? Sound? Strength (not a huge deal for just 22)? Weight? Ease of Cleaning? Cost?

If you want straight sound reduction, the Isis22 from Thompson Machine is hard to beat. Check out the numbers on NFATalk.

Want the most badass 22 can out there? Get an Essence.

Want the easiest to clean and one thats tough as nails? Get a SS Sparrow.

Want one that is tough, quiet, and can be dipped? The Huntertown Guardian SS. It is a K baffle can just like an Outback or an Element, but is a tad bigger (which I think is a plus.)

What are the most important features to you in the can? Sound? Strength (not a huge deal for just 22)? Weight? Ease of Cleaning? Cost?

If you want straight sound reduction, the Isis22 from Thompson Machine is hard to beat. Check out the numbers on NFATalk.

Want the most badass 22 can out there? Get an Essence.

Want the easiest to clean and one thats tough as nails? Get a SS Sparrow.

Want one that is tough, quiet, and can be dipped? The Huntertown Guardian SS. It is a K baffle can just like an Outback or an Element, but is a tad bigger (which I think is a plus.)

I want sound reduction and FRP. It needs to be easy to clean. I bought an ultra sonic cleaner so I do not think aluminum baffles can be cleaned with it. I do not care about length but I do care about weight. It will go on my P22 and ruger lite. Good CS is a big deal. I do not want the diameter to be over 1" (I think most if not all are that size). I would like to say that price is not a big deal but it always is. I can afford the Essence but not sure if a few db's is worth the extra money. I can get a Warlock for $250 or Sparrow for $379. I would like to demo a few. Quiet, easy to clean, and weight are most important to me.

I would spend the extra dough on the sparrow then. I will say that the Essence is a work of CAD/CNC/Engineering art. But I'm a GT nerd...

I've never really worried about FRP too much. I quick burst of WD40 before you screw it on (helps keep threads clean too) or a nasal spray bottle pretty much eliminate it.

If you rethink aluminum I can demo the Isis22 for you. My Guardian 22 SS is always up for a good shooting too.

I want sound reduction and FRP. It needs to be easy to clean. I bought an ultra sonic cleaner so I do not think aluminum baffles can be cleaned with it. I do not care about length but I do care about weight. It will go on my P22 and ruger lite. Good CS is a big deal. I do not want the diameter to be over 1" (I think most if not all are that size). I would like to say that price is not a big deal but it always is. I can afford the Essence but not sure if a few db's is worth the extra money. I can get a Warlock for $250 or Sparrow for $379. I would like to demo a few. Quiet, easy to clean, and weight are most important to me.

Sound reduction and no FRP. Weight is more important than length. Great customer service. Sounds like a liberty essence to me. This can will be yours for life so I wouldn't worry about $150 - $200 extra.

Back
Top Bottom