Which New Lawn Tractor To Purchase

Which New Lawn Tractor To Purchase

• Total voters

mrauditor

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
78   0
Reaction score
I have reached the strength and energy portion of this earthly life where I no longer enjoy pushing a self-propelled lawn mower around my yard, even though it is only approximately 1/4 acre. I do not wish to pay a professional landscaper at this time. I still enjoy the outside and fresh air and sunshine. I have visited Home Depot, Lowes, talked with several small engine repair persons, gotten opinions from 5 neighbors who have also made this same decision, as well as searching for lawn tractor ratings online. I want to purchase new and be able to stretch the payments over several months interest free. At this point, here is what I believe I want:

42 to 46 inch cut
18.5 to 22 hp
hydrostatic transmission
v-twin cylinder
able to use mulch kit [do not intend to use a bag]
dual blades [triple if package deal]
4 anti-scalp deck wheels
cruise control [ if package deal]
no more than $2000

Your thoughts/opinions/experiences welcome. If some of the above specs seem overkill, I want to also be able to help my elderly neighbors and my daughters as needed, who have mowable areas up to 1 acre. Thanks.

When we were young, our parents rented a house on 3 acres with a pool. It was a wonderful place to grow up, but the yard work was a beast!

My recommendation:
John Deere (46").
The landlord left his 10 year old JD and we used it for another 7 years, it was still running when they knocked the house down.

Also, keep a push mower for heavily sloped areas(if you have any). Our pool had a 3' wide STEEP slope on the back side with a chain link fence. The only way we could cut it was with a push mower, and It was still tough.

I have reached the strength and energy portion of this earthly life where I no longer enjoy pushing a self-propelled lawn mower around my yard, even though it is only approximately 1/4 acre. I do not wish to pay a professional landscaper at this time. I still enjoy the outside and fresh air and sunshine. I have visited Home Depot, Lowes, talked with several small engine repair persons, gotten opinions from 5 neighbors who have also made this same decision, as well as searching for lawn tractor ratings online. I want to purchase new and be able to stretch the payments over several months interest free. At this point, here is what I believe I want:

42 to 46 inch cut
18.5 to 22 hp
hydrostatic transmission
v-twin cylinder
able to use mulch kit [do not intend to use a bag]
dual blades [triple if package deal]
4 anti-scalp deck wheels
cruise control [ if package deal]
no more than $2000

Your thoughts/opinions/experiences welcome. If some of the above specs seem overkill, I want to also be able to help my elderly neighbors and my daughters as needed, who have mowable areas up to 1 acre. Thanks.
We have a cub cadet and it has served us well.

Back
Top Bottom