• Noveske

• LWRCI

Results are only viewable after voting.

paliknight

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
2   0
Reaction score
I have an LWRC M6IC DI and M6IC SPR. Great rifles. However, the piston adds weight to what you would be using as a CQB weapon. Of course it'll run cooler if you suppress it. Also, as a PDW, do you really need a light trigger? It's not like you're shooting for distance.

I have an LWRC M6IC DI and M6IC SPR. Great rifles. However, the piston adds weight to what you would be using as a CQB weapon. Of course it'll run cooler if you suppress it. Also, as a PDW, do you really need a light trigger? It's not like you're shooting for distance.
Thanks for the response. Weight wouldn't really be an issue for me and the weapon only weighs 6 pounds. But the lighter trigger for follow on shots?

Neither!! How about saving $1500 or so and going with the Sig M400 11.5 inch? You can buy the upper for $299 today, no sales tax and free shipping, then build the lower of your dreams and be hundreds (probably, a thousand plus) ahead. It is a standard Sig M400 upper receiver, with 11.5 inch barrel (Sig doesn't describe the barrel in details but they have been rumored to be CHF), and an ALG Defense handguard. ALG defense is in the Geissele family (founded by Amy Lynn Geissele in 2012). My upper is unfired and still as it came from the factory, but it is sitting on a forged Mega Arms lower, with enhanced lower parts kit and Mega trigger. I am all in at around $700. Compare that to your $2000+ options, and you sure could do a lot of customizing. Mine still has a lot of details to be in its final configuration, but it is a good platform to customize. As an aside, I am both a Sig fan and a MegaFan, so this is just my two cents worth on what I think could be a quality build to satisfy the needs of a Personal Defense Weapon.

SigM400_PDW.jpg

I wouldn't buy any short stroke piston system for an AR style rifle due to the risk of a bolt override failure, so the LWRC is out. Although extremely rare, I have seen one happen to a DI rifle, so they can happen "in the wild" so to speak.

If you don't know much about bolt overrides - the round or casing tries to "ride over" the bolt, and gets jammed between the bolt and top of the upper receiver in the channel cut for the charging handle and gas key.

They are rare, and scary if you don't know how to clear them in a DI rifle. But they can be cleared if you know how, and it's not too difficult. The round or casing can never get completely on top of the bolt because the gas key blocks it. However, a short stroke piston rifle offers the potential for the casing to get entirely over the bolt; in that case you're in trouble. I don't know how you could get a stuck casing out without total disassembly, which would also be a problem with the bolt carrier half in and half out of the lower receiver extension.

Like I stated, I've only ever seen on "in the wild"; but I have seen one. Then I heard how one guy totally locked up his short stroke piston AR trying to simulate a bolt override so he could learn to clear it. After that I decided no short stroke pistons for me.

Check out PWS they have long stroke piston, override will never happen or be a worry, and they never die!

If you are not familiar with them their products are coded as such:
MK1xx=.223 wild/300blk/762x39
xx= barrel length, example MK107= 7in barrel.

If anyone cares to know the difference between Mod 1 and Mod 2 I'll post up an email I have from them

Back
Top Bottom