• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF which one do you choose?

Pistol or Rifle?

• Total voters

I mean, an 11.5 makes sense for CQB work, its what I setup for me when I was in LE. However a 16" 5.56 gun can work at extended ranges. I think the question that has more weight is what working environment do you expect to deploy the firearm in. If it is only one to stretch out amongst multiple roles I would lean more to 12.5/13.7/14.5. Also if you travel alot a braced pistol has some merit over an sbr as well. Also what optics are you thinking about running. We could probably discuss this topic for days on end lol.
Your first post, was that BOGO offer? 😁😁😁

11.5 AR will make going inside and clearing a room a little easier.

But 20" AR will make room clearing easier from the outside. M855 coming out of a 20" barrel is going right through a lot of light cover.

In a SHTF situation I don't plan on being special forces doing hostage rescue. I'm grabbing my 20" AR if I can only grab one.

This may sound crazy but if I had to bugout, I think I’d rather have a 22 lr with hv ammo, can carry thousands of more rounds and I’m not planning on clearing any rooms, with the right scope can get out a couple hundred yds,shot placement being critical, thankfully where I live I’m able to shoot daily and have a 10/22 I’m very confident with, also better for food gathering. In an urban environment or had to make a stand here at home I’d certainly want an AR and 12ga shotty!

The one rifle that is always loaded, zeroed, ready and easily accessible 100% of the time is a factory 14.5 p/w BCM that I adore. It’s one of those “Wednesday Guns” where the fellas were in the zone. Unlike Monday guns when they’re still drunk or Friday guns when they’re thinking about getting drunk…

The short ones are fun though

Back
Top Bottom