• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SHTF which one do you choose?

Pistol or Rifle?

• Total voters
POF REVOLUTION DI RIFLE!!!!

I've always wanted to play with one of those. Always figured there had to be a "catch". 308 at true weight of 5.56. There has to be a reason it wasn't picked up for more widespread use. Is it just that a little heavier of a rifle does better with the 308? Was the proprietary nature of the parts a turn off for wanting to deal with the company? Figured if everything on paper was right than people who use those kind of rifles for work or competition would have picked it up, but they all seemed to stick with others like the REPR. When I first read about it, it seemed like it should be the new hotness. So, what's the good and bad?

Everything is good with the POF REVOLUTION DI RIFLES ,308 thats lightweight and shoots like a over gassed ar 15 556,thats why I own multiples of them!!!!!

Nothing is all good with no compromise anywhere. If so, one would be in every gun safe in America. Don't get me wrong, everything I have read is awesome. That's why I want to play with one. But, there has to be some sort of compromise.

I’m gonna go a completely different direction. SHTF like society crumbling. For that, not so concerned with legalities like making sure the barrel length gestapo are happy. I want hunting performance, rock solid reliability, accuracy out to say 400 or 500 yards, ammo flexibility and availability, and good defensive performance. I think I’d grab an old bolt with bayonet that in a pinch I can cast bullets for, use black powder if I can find no alternative. That’d include enfields, springfields, mausers and mosins. I think I might just grab a Mk4, No.1, sporterized to make it just a bit lighter, laminate stock, spike bayonet, 10 rounds of 303 goodness, it’ll put down any critters in North America including the two legged variety and something about seeing a fixed bayonet tends to dissuade ne’erdowells that aren’t deeply committed.

For scientific testing I’ve reloaded it with cast bullets, recycled primers and black powder and it runs just fine, albeit needing more frequent cleaning. Plus I don’t have to worry about a broken or lost tiny pin, spring or gas ring turning my fancy AR into a single shot, or snapping off a buffer tube during bayonet drill.

Back
Top Bottom