• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which would you have if you could only have one?

Which would you have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
Just curious to see how the ODT is divided as far as platform loyalty. The choice is a proven reliable Glock or a proven reliable modern 1911. I'm speaking strickly about the platforms themselves. Which would you have if you could only have one? Leave all other variables out.

-SCENARIO-

your in a room, a table is in from of you with 2 handguns on it, you get 2 seconds to choose, which would you go for, a Glock or a 1911

Last edited:
I have both (Had er um excuse me) and I like the Glock for the mag capacity but nothing is as reliable as a well built 1911.

With that said I think it would depend on the enviroment I intended to operate in.

If I could only have one handgun.. Assuming it's some sort of survivalism scenario.. I'll go with the Glock. They can be easily and cheaply repaired without having to "fit" parts. If I had a little more liberty to tinker and upgrade to my heart's content, I'd take the 1911.

I have both (Had er um excuse me) and I like the Glock for the mag capacity but nothing is as reliable as a well built 1911.

With that said I think it would depend on the enviroment I intended to operate in.

+1 on this.

Environment of the operation and how long is the key for me. For extended periods in the field in all conditions with little ability replace parts or do more than basic upkeep. I'd go Glock.

Anything outside of those parameters I'd take my Wilson 1911 every time.

Back
Top Bottom