• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who all has owned this gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neg Neg Neg seller and request refund if all this was not in the description.
I think that may be a bit over the top. I traded a boat for it that hadn't been in the water since last fall. Due to bad fuel lines, and possible gummed up carburetors we could not get it started. I added 500 bucks to the deal since the boat wouldn't start, but I know it will. Not sure if he has gotten it running yet. I have no reason to believe he knew it was a piece of ****, so I don't thing negative feedback is necessary. That said, he forgot the 190 rounds of ammo that was supposed to come with the gun, he said he would ship it, but have not received it yet. I suppose that has the possibility to change my opinion on the deal.

Next time on something like this, "Let meet at the range....." That is a lot of jack to put down without a test drive.
Hope it works out and I know these are ammo particular.

Next time on something like this, "Let meet at the range....." That is a lot of jack to put down without a test drive.Hope it works out and I know these are ammo particular.
The gun is filthy so I doubt the ten rounds fired claim, but who knows. I have Dave at Bartow Knife and Gun cleaning it all up and checking for obvious problems. Will try it out again Sunday with irons. If it is still having problems it will be taking a trip to see Hook.

The gun is filthy so I doubt the ten rounds fired claim, but who knows. I have Dave at Bartow Knife and Gun cleaning it all up and checking for obvious problems. Will try it out again Sunday with irons. If it is still having problems it will be taking a trip to see Hook.

Hook will cycle the action by hand and tell you what's wrong with it just by the sound the action is making. And doing this while the radio is playing and he us talking to you while blindfolded.

Who did you get it from?
i know this guy owned it as i got it from him.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/501578-Item-Gone!-FS-FT-Custom-M1A-trade-for-aluminum-boat?p=2630638#post2630638

Not sure that is really important at this point. I currently have no ill feelings towards him. As I said, I'm not screaming, "Hey, ODT I got burned. So and so sold me a broken gun." I'm mainly just looking to get some knowledge on this particular gun.

- - - Updated - - -

Hook will cycle the action by hand and tell you what's wrong with it just by the sound the action is making. And doing this while the radio is playing and he us talking to you while blindfolded.

Just before killing me.......

Last edited:
This is why I don't buy M1A's. I do not understand their appeal. For that kind of money you could have bought a SCAR-H and been happy shooting without issue.

This is why I don't buy M1A's. I do not understand their appeal. For that kind of money you could have bought a SCAR-H and been happy shooting without issue.
Oh, I understand the appeal. Now that I have that goofy scope and stock off it I am in love with the gun. Even while malfunctioning it gives me a stiffy. :thumb:

The FED ORD receiver is the problem....just my .02

Sorry you got a bitter taste and hosed.....be honest you did and im sure the people its gone through have known "something". Someone obviously built that rifle and they obviously didnt do it right or it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom