• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who all has owned this gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that brother. :( I hope you get it worked out.

Out of all the people that owned this rifle you are the only one with the balls to step forward and say there is something wrong with it and not **** over the next guy. Kudos Sir.

Funny I have a Fed Ord receiver and I would put it up against the best of the best, sure you may get an out of spec one every once in awhile you can also get that was a Smith or LRB

I believe if it has any letters in the serial number that it was designated as a Chinese build
No letters, but it was built in 91 so it would have been A Chinese part gun. Not that it matters though since the parts in it now are USGI. Not to concerned with the people who say Federal Ordnance receiver IS the problem. These people have generally no experience and are just repeating what they read on the internet.

Sorry to hear that brother. :( I hope you get it worked out. Out of all the people that owned this rifle you are the only one with the balls to step forward and say there is something wrong with it and not **** over the next guy. Kudos Sir.
Meh. Not the first " project inadvertently purchased. I love a challenge. ;)

No letters, but it was built in 91 so it would have been A Chinese part gun. Not that it matters though since the parts in it now are USGI. Not to concerned with the people who say Federal Ordnance receiver IS the problem. These people have generally no experience and are just repeating what they read on the internet.

I am confident a good smith will get you sorted out bro. May be a gas leak causing the short stroking or a misaligned gas block. The only concern I have is the chamber if you are getting stuck rounds. Then again the extractor may be the problem it could be worn. Has the smith said anything to you yet?

I am confident a good smith will get you sorted out bro. May be a gas leak causing the short stroking or a misaligned gas block. The only concern I have is the chamber if you are getting stuck rounds. Then again the extractor may be the problem it could be worn. Has the smith said anything to you yet?
The one thing I have been told is match barrel = match chamber. As the gun is filthy, and I was using crap ammo, that may have something to do with my problems. I have Bartow Knife and Gun cleaning everything up and looking for obvious problems. I will try again Sunday with some quality ammo that Dave gave me and iron sights.The receiver appears to be as "in spec" as any Springfield receiver. If the cleaning and good ammo don't clear things up, Hook will. I can fix anything. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and I have a credit card. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom