• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Who do you guys use for car insurance?

Full disclosure: I'm an independent insurance broker.

I have had Safeco for just over 3 years, and they have been very good. Two claims, and they were both handled good. I'll be shopping my rates as soon as I get the roof replaced. Three years is a good 'sweet spot' to shop rates, as insurers don't like clients that jump around too often. I highly recommend shopping rates every 3 years or so. Check independent guys like me as well as the captive companies.

We have had a good experience with Travelers and several of our other insurers.

Many insurers gave a premium refund during Covid, thinking claims would be down due to the 'lockdown'. They were wrong for the most part. Now, add insult to injury with inflation, claims, price of parts/labor, new car prices, and personal injury lawsuits, and we're seeing some serious increases in premium. If your rates haven't increased, they probably will soon. Mine have.

I'll be glad to shop rates for anyone. I'm a straight shooter. I'll make sure you are properly insured, and if I can't beat what you have I'll tell you.

I learned years ago to shop around every 6 months or so for quotes. Insurance companys compete for business. I've had coverage with most of the popular ones. I'll change carriers in a heartbeat if the rates are better. Nothing on my or my wife's driving record. We've both had the 'safe driver' training. All I carry is liability and the required uninsured motorist. I had about enough of what Geico is pushing and will be looking for a cheaper offer within the next six months.

If you're willing to shop every six months or more, you stand a good chance of keeping your rates lower. I have six vehicles (including one motorcycle) on liability and uninsured motorist......the minumum coverage, and the price is outrageous compared to how many claims I've paid (none since 1988, and it wasn't my fault). Some of my insured vehicles are lucky to gain 1,000 miles in a year. I feel like all I do is pay to cover the idiots that cause all the claims rather than paying to cover my hind end....

No offense 41mag 41mag but they raped me good years ago and it turned me.
I hate to hear that. I don’t doubt they did…I’m sure they have screwed a few folks good. They have usually been pretty good to me though. I’ve been with them since I was 15yo. I used Allstate once for about two months and went right back to SF. The only real bitch I have with them is they won’t cover bikes very easily. When I rode , I always had to have someone else cover the cycles.

Back
Top Bottom