Who is resident tire expert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lftd&pwrstrok'n

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Sith Dark Lord
247   0
Reaction score
I remember reading awhile back that one of the members either works for or owns a tire place. Well, I am in need of tires and can't find what I am looking for; so hoping someone has an inside line w/ a tire distributor. I am currently running Pro Comp 38.5 x 14.5 x 18s, which scrub like a s.o.b when turning. Wanting to keep the height but go a bit narrower. Also wanting to keep an aggressive mud grip (just for the looks). As of right now, I have a quote or $1700 (including mounting/balancing) for a set of Nitto (not sure which model--if they are mud grappler--I will probably get them), but they are 37 x 12.50s which I may just have to live w/ loosing 1.5 in height (I just can't stand an "open" fender well)? Any help would be appreciated.

I assume your question is there a 38.5 tall tire that is narrower? Not having any access to info here I would say probably not. I currently have 37-14.50 Nitto Mud grapplers on my truck now and they hit the sway bar at full lock (sway bar is reverse mounted for the quad shocks). The mud grapplers are extremely noisey and I mean extremely. Can't wait to get these off the truck. Next set will be 12.50 wide not 14.50. Also will be less aggressive.

I assume your question is there a 38.5 tall tire that is narrower? Not having any access to info here I would say probably not. I currently have 37-14.50 Nitto Mud grapplers on my truck now and they hit the sway bar at full lock (sway bar is reverse mounted for the quad shocks). The mud grapplers are extremely noisey and I mean extremely. Can't wait to get these off the truck. Next set will be 12.50 wide not 14.50. Also will be less aggressive.

It seems like I found a 38x12.50x18 Pro Comp, but they have been discontinued. I can live w/ the noise, the engine is so loud already :) So, I guess I will just have to go w/ the Nittos.

http://www.nittotire.com/TireSelector/Category?tireSection=grapplertruck

It appears if you go with a 38 inch tall tire, Nitto offers this in a 15.5 width in the Mud Grappler. Step down to a 37 inch tall tire, and it's 13.5 width. According to the chart, there is only about a 3/4 inch difference in diameter between the two, but two inches difference in width..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom