• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who else drives your truck?

You're lucky, mine is never quiet.....Even when she has the best situation.....I just tune it out
Mine supports any purchase I might make, whether it's a gun or tool, no question ask! She's actually bought a few of mine for me after seeing me look at something and knowing it's one my wish lists toys.

I had a 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD for 14 years, and tried to get my wife to drive it, but she was too afraid. She said it was too high and too big. It was stock, but was a little higher than a regular Sierra. I always wanted to install nerf bars to make entry/exit easier, but never got a round to doing that. I was the only person to ever drive the truck, other than the dealership and oil change technicians.

I had a 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD for 14 years, and tried to get my wife to drive it, but she was too afraid. She said it was too high and too big. It was stock, but was a little higher than a regular Sierra. I always wanted to install nerf bars to make entry/exit easier, but never got a round to doing that. I was the only person to ever drive the truck, other than the dealership and oil change technicians.
Back in the day when my then girlfriend, now wife lived at home she for whatever reason it was drove a crew cab, full size, long bed to work. And it was in the snow, she was 16 yrs old I think at the time. Her car didn't start or something. So she got in her parent's pull vehicle. Can't say she won't drive a big vehicle, but nowadays she would complain about it.

My wife can drive the hell out of a stick. She was driving a 911SC when we met. Later on a Toyota twin turbo Supra (rest in peace). Called her late one afternoon and said sweetie, take my truck and hook up the trailer and haul ass to Anniston . This was a Friday afternoon. Fuel pump on my Harley decide to quit and I was stranded at a Harley Dealership that was gonna be closed thru the weekend for the 4th of July. Didn’t realize that when I had the tow truck drop me there. It was after their business hours and I was just gonna get a hotel room till morning. Saw the sign later.
She didn’t miss a beat. Hooked up the 2000 Superduty to the trailer, loaded 4 dogs in with her and was in Alabama by 10 pm. I loaded the bike and we came back to Atlanta. She will drive anything. Raised on a farm and her dad didn’t have a single thing with brakes I don’t think. Tractors, old truck and a cj5. She rode her own bike until she laid it down and decided she had enough of 2 wheels.
She’s a keeper I reckon… 35 years this month.

My wife can drive the hell out of a stick. She was driving a 911SC when we met. Later on a Toyota twin turbo Supra (rest in peace). Called her late one afternoon and said sweetie, take my truck and hook up the trailer and haul ass to Anniston . This was a Friday afternoon. Fuel pump on my Harley decide to quit and I was stranded at a Harley Dealership that was gonna be closed thru the weekend for the 4th of July. Didn’t realize that when I had the tow truck drop me there. It was after their business hours and I was just gonna get a hotel room till morning. Saw the sign later.
She didn’t miss a beat. Hooked up the 2000 Superduty to the trailer, loaded 4 dogs in with her and was in Alabama by 10 pm. I loaded the bike and we came back to Atlanta. She will drive anything. Raised on a farm and her dad didn’t have a single thing with brakes I don’t think. Tractors, old truck and a cj5. She rode her own bike until she laid it down and decided she had enough of 2 wheels.
She’s a keeper I reckon… 35 years this month.
Yep, that's a keeper for sure.

Wimmens generally are not as good drivers as menfolks

because they didn't play with moving toys when they were girls the same way boys do.

I don't think they really learned spatial relationships and how to judge distances and angles the same way.

Back
Top Bottom