• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who else drives your truck?

I'll tell you a true story. Bought a brand spanking new chevy in 2015. Beautiful truck. If you dig around my posts enough you'd probably find a pic. I had it less than a month. Wife asks me if she can take it to work that day. I said yes. I should have known better. She works at the post office and there is a fence with a gate around the post office parking lot. She decided to drive my truck like a car and turn it too early. That gate scratched down the entire side of my truck. I hadn't even made the first payment. No.....nobody touches my truck now.

I purchased a vehicle with a manual transmission so I never have this problem
Hmmm, I haven't done that in a while. That could be a solution to the problem. She has driven a stick. I taught her how on a sports car I had. She could do it, but she doesn't have the confidence to do it. Truth be told, I don't want to drive a stick anymore myself. Not in the Atlanta traffic. There was a time that's all I had and that's all I wanted

Most excellent meme!

I don't let one soul drive my truck. I have never used more than a 1/4 throttle on my truck. It's a 2004 GMC Sierra and looks brand damn new and only has 85,000 miles on it. The first thing some chump would do is wring that 5.3 Vortec out like a piece of wet laundry. People don't even respect themselves these days so you can imagine what they would do to your pristine truck. No! Aaw hell to the naw!

Hmmm, I haven't done that in a while. That could be a solution to the problem. She has driven a stick. I taught her how on a sports car I had. She could do it, but she doesn't have the confidence to do it. Truth be told, I don't want to drive a stick anymore myself. Not in the Atlanta traffic. There was a time that's all I had and that's all I wanted
I live in Villa Rica and at one point drove a manual to Norcross for over a year. Wanna talk about a beast of a left leg! It was brutal, there were days my left leg would be killing me by time I got home.

Now I drive a manual everyday to Fulton Industrial, some days it feels just as bad but isn’t anywhere close to the afternoon Norcross ride home.

This will likely be my last manual. The other plus side is it’s a theft deterrent system. Most of the young punks running around stealing cars couldnt drive one to save their life.

My wife drove my truck once. I was sitting in the bed tossing seed out in a field. She looked like a little kid trying to see over the dash and I looked like an extra in the movie Sling Blade, which, to be fair, is how I normally look. That was the only time.

Back
Top Bottom