• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who else drives your truck?

Most excellent meme!

I don't let one soul drive my truck. I have never used more than a 1/4 throttle on my truck. It's a 2004 GMC Sierra and looks brand damn new and only has 85,000 miles on it. The first thing some chump would do is wring that 5.3 Vortec out like a piece of wet laundry. People don't even respect themselves these days so you can imagine what they would do to your pristine truck. No! Aaw hell to the naw!
It needs to be blown out every now and then! Italian tune-up.

Most excellent meme!

I don't let one soul drive my truck. I have never used more than a 1/4 throttle on my truck. It's a 2004 GMC Sierra and looks brand damn new and only has 85,000 miles on it. The first thing some chump would do is wring that 5.3 Vortec out like a piece of wet laundry. People don't even respect themselves these days so you can imagine what they would do to your pristine truck. No! Aaw hell to the naw!
I applaud anyone with that kind of self-control on the throttle. I use the throttle like I'm angry at it! I have no problem driving with the cruise control but when it's time to pass/merge, etc., I commit whole-heartedly! Funny story, I bought a brand new naked bike a few years back, took it on a test ride, came back and made the purchase. They were going through the maintenance plan with me while I was signing papers and the salesman said "for the first 1,000 miles you need to keep the throttle below 4,500 RPMs", I said "I turned it almost 9,000 on my test ride"....LOL

I live in Villa Rica and at one point drove a manual to Norcross for over a year. Wanna talk about a beast of a left leg! It was brutal, there were days my left leg would be killing me by time I got home.

Now I drive a manual everyday to Fulton Industrial, some days it feels just as bad but isn’t anywhere close to the afternoon Norcross ride home.

This will likely be my last manual. The other plus side is it’s a theft deterrent system. Most of the young punks running around stealing cars couldnt drive one to save their life.
You're totally right on the theft thing

I applaud anyone with that kind of self-control on the throttle. I use the throttle like I'm angry at it! I have no problem driving with the cruise control but when it's time to pass/merge, etc., I commit whole-heartedly! Funny story, I bought a brand new naked bike a few years back, took it on a test ride, came back and made the purchase. They were going through the maintenance plan with me while I was signing papers and the salesman said "for the first 1,000 miles you need to keep the throttle below 4,500 RPMs", I said "I turned it almost 9,000 on my test ride"....LOL
I remember going through the break in period with my bike. I don't remember having that requirement on an early 80s bike I bought new. But that was 20 some years earlier. Anyways, I got through it

Drive it home the same way the day you buy as the day you’re in a hurry to get home from work.

Break in is for wussies…..
It's always a good idea to drive the car easy the first 500 miles. The compression rings need time to seat properly. You won't see a difference right away but for engine longevity it does make a difference. Especially in a rebuilt engine. The rings will rotate around the piston and if it is driven to hard right away the rings won't rotate correctly causing excess wear on the rings and cylinder walls. This will lead in excess blow by and loss of compression prematurely.

Excess blow by will cause EGR problems.( To much crankcase pressure from blow by ), oil leaks around the seals and gaskets and a multitude of other problems down the line. With today's engines it no longer necessary to run a new engine at 2000 RPM's for 20 minutes to break in the lifters and camshaft because most of not all performance engines have roller lifters which negates that initial cam and lifter break in procedure. However seating the rings is absolutely necessary. Most people don't even worry about it because they change cars like underwear. Proper break in period intails varying engine speed frequently, not maintaining a constant engine speed for long periods of time, and avoid towing for at least the first 600 miles. Also avoid panic breaking to seat the brake pads properly. All these recommendations are critical in order to maximize overall vehicle life. This is especially important in turbo charged or supercharged application where excess blow by can be a real problem later in the engines life.

This is not opinion it is mechanical fact.

Most excellent meme!

You need to blow the soot out of that thing son! 😂

Back
Top Bottom