• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who makes the most cost effective suppressors? Something for occassional use?

You don't want to go cheap with NFA items, you go with what you really want and try to find the best price.

For 22lr, the mask is King. Weight is its only negative, which isn't bad, but compared to some that weigh next to nothing...

For 9mm, Obsidian is very popular for many reasons, but sound being a very good reason. The R9 will not be as quiet, but definitely a good option.

For quietly taking out critters around the neighborhood, this is what you seek:
View attachment 4602957
Have you noticed your FV-SR burning through extractors? I've been through 3 sets of extractors on my FV-SR since putting a can on it about 5-6 years ago. My theory is all the crap dulls them down. I'm about to switch to a ruger american just to try something different. Maybe a CZ.

Also know that ammo makes a difference on sound levels. Start buying subsonic ammo now and make sure your gun doesn't have an issue with it. You might be able to find a couple of members with different cans you could try depending on where you live.

For that dagger, which I’m guessing is 9mm, I don’t think you can go wrong with Rugged. I have the obsidian 45, which I use on my 9mm guns, including my AR9 and my sub gun. Love it. I had a baffle strike one time, and they were very responsive about it and fixed it up for me. Good customer service. I bought a 3 lug attachment too, and I had an issue with the mounts, and they sent me a newer attachment for free.

Have you noticed your FV-SR burning through extractors? I've been through 3 sets of extractors on my FV-SR since putting a can on it about 5-6 years ago. My theory is all the crap dulls them down. I'm about to switch to a ruger american just to try something different. Maybe a CZ.
Haven’t had to replace anything, but had to take the extractor spring off a couple times and bend it tighter.

Get something that’s also 300bo rated. Pistol cans are fun and kinda nice but the ability to use them on defensive arms is bad ass

I went rec mg7k for my recent. If you got the 9mm version it would be good on pistols/Pcc/full rifles. Was under $350 at GAFL

Reactions: A34
Back
Top Bottom