• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who Owns & Carries a Slim Single-Stack 9mm?

Had most of them shield was good and my go to for a while. But came back around to the G43 for that size. I run a Taran tactical plus one on the gun and then a plus 3 on the spare mag. Mine came with the factory Glock night sights “blue label” and I installed a 4lb striker spring that brought the trigger pull down to closer to standard 5lbs, put the maritime cups in it and shot it a Bunch. They use the same striker spring and cups as the full size guns. Right at a thousand rounds through mine now and never a hiccup. Even fired it underwater a few times and it will go through a whole mag no problem. It’s my main summer edc that I don’t mind getting wet if I’m swimming or fishing, can throw in my pocket when I’m going to and from work in uniform and in the winter it is my back up gun. Oh and if you are cool with them it truly disappears in a shoulder holster. Love the little thing. Also shoot it better than some of my full size guns now.
74A9C1A7-F6C3-43D5-8DB2-026DD739C0BE.jpeg
F30BD468-97CD-47EC-A294-07A6F9671C7B.jpeg
40672B82-4529-4BC1-8A3E-753B80460B64.jpeg

I do; not my normal carry, but I do carry a 43 when I go out jogging or a quick grab if I take out the trash or whatever.
The proof of the pudding is what do you actually consistently stick in your shorts pocket when you head out: i own many of the guns discussed here, but over the last 3 or 4 summers, it’s gotten to be my DB9 or my LCP2. Stick my 43 in a pair of lightweight shorts, and they’ll end up around my ankles. The DB9 takes a lot of neg press, but if you break it in according to the MFGR (100 rounds), and learn to hold it properly (limp wrist is biggest cause of problems), it’s as dependable as my 43. This little gun is the perfect pocket pistol, light, small, and reliable.

I'm thinking about buying an ultra slim 7 to 9 shot capacity 9 mm as a replacement for a J -frame 38 snubby that only holds five rounds.

I already own two other 9 mm pistols, but they both use a double stack magazine and therefore the frame is over an inch wide; I think one is 1.1 inches and the other is 1.2 or 1.3 inches.

The guns I'm looking at--the Smith $ Wesson M&P Shield, the Walther PPS, the Springfield XDS (9mm), and the Glock 43-- are all slim. About 0.9" wide.

So, I'd like some input from people who have bought such weapons a while ago and had a chance to carry them. What do you think? How much better are they for concealed carry compare to a fatter gun that has basically the same height and the same length but 1/3 of an inch more thickness?

P.S. There wouldn't be any weight savings over my compact staggered-mag 9mm.
But any of these single stack slim 9 mm's would add up to considerably more weight than the 15 ounce alloy frame .38 snubnose that I'm carrying most of the time now.

BOTTOM LINE- I don't want to buy something I "think" I'll carry, but end up not carrying.
LC9S or LC9S Pro.....no reason to look further.

The proof of the pudding is what do you actually consistently stick in your shorts pocket when you head out: i own many of the guns discussed here, but over the last 3 or 4 summers, it’s gotten to be my DB9 or my LCP2. Stick my 43 in a pair of lightweight shorts, and they’ll end up around my ankles. The DB9 takes a lot of neg press, but if you break it in according to the MFGR (100 rounds), and learn to hold it properly (limp wrist is biggest cause of problems), it’s as dependable as my 43. This little gun is the perfect pocket pistol, light, small, and reliable.
They are iffy. You get a good one they are OK, but many have machine imperfections that cause failures.

That's what the drawstrings are for, I've carried a G33 in basketball shorts, sweatpants, and track suit pants. Even carried a sig p320 one time in basketball shorts

That's what the drawstrings are for, I've carried a G33 in basketball shorts, sweatpants, and track suit pants. Even carried a sig p320 one time in basketball shorts
On a semi serious note... how on earth do these self proclaimed “gangsters” carry guns when their pants are bellow their butt and falling off. Like literally where do they put the gun. To big for the pocket and on the waist of the pants can’t work. Ever try walking to the sink in the bathroom after taking a dump with your pants down and gun still on your belt? Waddling is an understatement.

How do they do it? Serious question for any Leo’s that encounter these people.

On a semi serious note... how on earth do these self proclaimed “gangsters” carry guns when their pants are bellow their butt and falling off. Like literally where do they put the gun. To big for the pocket and on the waist of the pants can’t work. Ever try walking to the sink in the bathroom after taking a dump with your pants down and gun still on your belt? Waddling is an understatement.

How do they do it? Serious question for any Leo’s that encounter these people.
Just stick it in mexican carry, majority never use or have a holster

XDs 9 bi-tone
I had a Shield 9 since it first came out
Got an XDs 9 and liked it much better but traded it
Bought a G43 but it was way too small for my hand and the trigger sucks
Traded the 43 a few years ago
Tried the PPS M2 for a min but then my wife liberated that one from me
I have 3 single stack edc choices and for years I keep grabbing the XDs. It's solid and fits my hand like a glove. I wish they made it in 357sig

IMG_1192.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG

Back
Top Bottom