• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who smokes

I smoke when I can, unless my daughter is with me, just "watch" the wind, hell you could sit there cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast , as long as wind is in your favor you'll have no problems !!

I think all the big alpha minded bucks get a whiff of the cig smoke and come looking to investigate what it is.

I second that! Up in MI it was day before gun season and I was out with my bow setting up ground bling for the next day. When I finished I sat in the chair fired up a cig and moments later biggest buck I have ever seen comes walking up 10yrds away. I start to get the fever go to grab my bow and noticed it leaning against a tree OUTSIDE my blind!!!!!!!!!!!!! So all I could do was watch the big buck WALK!!!!!!!!

Best chance is if you are getting up in a tree. get out there before sun rise sit up there and just watch the lay of the land but turn your head slowly. when I get up in the tree I'm up at like 4/4:30 walking out to my stand and I don't make a peep. andI sit up there from sun up to sun down. The most activity I do in a tree is maybe chew every now and then and whittle some twigs with my knife lol.

What do you do when you have to pee?
just pee down the side of the tree so it makes less noise I sprinkle doe pee around my area in a 10 foot circle and I usually hang some tinks around the creek. I've never had a problem with scent. I've masked it so well that I have stalked out a couple. I'm yet to spook any I've got 6 deer and 3 hogs under my belt, fairly new to the sport, but I manage to get some thing every year

I smoke in mine. In fact every time I have had a Marlboro lit up for the last week I have seen deer. Some deer come in and some don't. I use to not smoke in my stand but I have a buddy who chain smoke and he and his son have 40 bucks on the wall that the smoke didn't bother either.

Back
Top Bottom