• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Who smokes

4 times? with a 12 gauge? was it bird shot? lol I've shot all my deer with 12 gauge slugs out of a savage bolt shotgun and I've never ever had a deer take more then 2 steps after 1 slug

I'm an ex dog hunter and we always used 00 Buckshot. I wasn't about to let him get away, so I shot until he didn't get up again, lol He didn't go 25 yards.

I am new to hunting and want the best chance at seeing/ shooting a deer.

Best chance is if you are getting up in a tree. get out there before sun rise sit up there and just watch the lay of the land but turn your head slowly. when I get up in the tree I'm up at like 4/4:30 walking out to my stand and I don't make a peep. andI sit up there from sun up to sun down. The most activity I do in a tree is maybe chew every now and then and whittle some twigs with my knife lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm an ex dog hunter and we always used 00 Buckshot. I wasn't about to let him get away, so I shot until he didn't get up again, lol

Lol well in that case empty the tube!

Best chance is if you are getting up in a tree. get out there before sun rise sit up there and just watch the lay of the land but turn your head slowly. when I get up in the tree I'm up at like 4/4:30 walking out to my stand and I don't make a peep. andI sit up there from sun up to sun down. The most activity I do in a tree is maybe chew every now and then and whittle some twigs with my knife lol.

What do you do when you have to pee?

Just pee out if stand deer pay it no attention

Last edited:

I use a Tomcat II climber and climb as high as I can. I try to take Gatorade bottle with me, but if I forget one, I just move my stand about 90 degrees or so, pee on the tree and let it run down it, then move it back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom