Who uses Sling TV and or Roku ?

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Okay we have now been with Comcast/Xfinity for about six months and my wife hates the cable side of it. I was fine with the stand alone internet wh. But that's another story. Since we've seen what is available day in and day out on basic cable service my wife now wants to eliminate it. So she was looking into Sling and their offer of a Roku device. I know absolutely nothing about this Sling, Roku, Chromecast, App!e and Fire TV ****. I just assumed it's another source for streaming content. So what's the hot ticket here?

I have Roku and love it. I have Netflix and Amazon subscriptions which run about $18 a month.

Apple TV is also nice. Works like Roku just different OS.

You want to try one, let me know.

We have a Roku for our son who doesn't have a cable box in his room. Has a lot of different content. You have to make sure that you have unlimited Internet and a strong signal. If it's a weak signal, it will lag and you will be pissed. A friend of mine cut her cable about 4 years ago and uses different Internet streaming programs. She doesn't regret it at all.

I suggest try finding a friend or family with a Roku and try theirs at your house for a week/month.

image.jpeg
I got in trouble with the Mods the last time I commented on how I watch tv so I'm out.

Something like this???

I am about to cut cable so I have been trying Sling on a Roku. I like it so far, you get the most popular cable channels. I've had a couple times it has had a hiccup and shut down during a show but has only happened about twice in a few weeks so not a big deal for me. If you do it get an antenna as well to get the local stations. Sling advertises local stations but I only get CBS. Digital TV antennas have come a long way in what you pick up and the picture in my opinion is better than HD cable.

Good info y'all. We have a good outdoor amplified antenna that gets all the locals from Savannah down to Jacksonville. I was good with that but my wife and daughter are queer for The Walking Dead. I like having Fox News in the mornings but not good enough to keep paying for this other terrible ****.

Back
Top Bottom