• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who uses the slide lock for a slide release???

Do you use a slide lock for a slide release

• Total voters
guess i just don't understand. maybe because i haven't been to a formal class. maybe because the incidences where i've had to pull my weapon required using only one hand. but i ust can't see an advantage to using 2 hands to do a job i can do with one. maybe in competition but not in real life.

i ust can't see an advantage to using 2 hands to do a job i can do with one. maybe in competition but not in real life.

So you only train on one handed malfunction clearances? A double feed can be cleared with one hand, and should be practiced, but it sure doesn't make much damn sense to train to do it only that way.

As far as releasing the slide goes if I'm going to be have to do it one handed, I'm going to do it using the rear sight on a hard point, not with the thumb of my shooting hand. If a fight goes bad enough that you're using only one hand, the last thing I'd want to be doing is compromising that one handed grip to reach the slide release.

Last edited:
yea ill close it out because I cannot edit it. The poll was not made to be a how do we like to shoot. My intention was the origional posting. Does the slide lock cause damage to the pistol if used as a release. I just let it run for discussion sake

Back
Top Bottom