• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who wants to win a free slot in a class next weekend?

Woo-Hoo! And, looking at the answers, I might have guessed right twice as often as my original 13% prediction.
Lots of history there, and I like history.
It was my major as an undergrad, before law school.

5E3F9427-164D-47AA-BF6B-A266BD50A0B0.jpeg

I’ve got a decent pistol (Springer XD9-five inch bbl) and 3 mags and gear for it,

But for the “tactical carbine” side, I’m-a gonna have to dig way back in the gun safe for a .223 rifle that I have only fired 10 rounds out of in the last 20 years: a mid-1980’s vintage Mini-14. I’ll get to reacquaint myself with barrel warp from heating that pencil barrel, and I’ll draw up a hot-warp dope sheet to write on my forearm with a sharpie.
I don’t own an AR or AK at the moment.

Fat man say: I’m glad there’s gonna be Food.
Not looking FWD to running through a course, though.
I’m too fat to run, and if I duck behind a blue barrel, my knees won’t let me hop back up quickly. I’d have to put both hands on the barrel and basically dry hump it to leverage myself to an erec.. Um, I mean standing.. posture.

Can I just let Chief drive the Jeep thru the course while “I” crouch behind the .30 belt fed MG and do the shooting that way. Right?

If I cut 2.5” off the barrel, it becomes a “carbine” 1919, doan it?

Attachments

• 40A648B7-975E-43F1-9E02-DA309203916F.jpeg
    40A648B7-975E-43F1-9E02-DA309203916F.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 14
View attachment 1521170

I’ve got a decent pistol (Springer XD9-five inch bbl) and 3 mags and gear for it,

But for the “tactical carbine” side, I’m-a gonna have to dig way back in the gun safe for a .223 rifle that I have only fired 10 rounds out of in the last 20 years: a mid-1980’s vintage Mini-14. I’ll get to reacquaint myself with barrel warp from heating that pencil barrel, and I’ll draw up a hot-warp dope sheet to write on my forearm with a sharpie.
I don’t own an AR or AK at the moment.

Fat man say: I’m glad there’s gonna be Food.
Not looking FWD to running through a course, though.
I’m too fat to run, and if I duck behind a blue barrel, my knees won’t let me hop back up quickly. I’d have to put both hands on the barrel and basically dry hump it to leverage myself to an erec.. Um, I mean standing.. posture.

Can I just let Chief drive the Jeep thru the course while “I” crouch behind the .30 belt fed MG and do the shooting that way. Right?

If I cut 2.5” off the barrel, it becomes a “carbine” 1919, doan it?

There's no running in this course. I believe there is a course of fire on the carbine that involves some different positions, but there's only that one, and you're welcome to opt out.

Back
Top Bottom