• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's shooting GADPA?

So old thread... but thought I'd revisit since I've just passed the 1 year mark of "competitive" shooting journey.

I've been giving thought to 3 gun to add to my GADPA shooting. Need to stop being a sissy and get out for an Atlanta 3 gun match..,but I'll be honest. Kinda intimidated, I'm totally new to the shotgun.. having just bought my first in January. I've only done sporting clays with it. Practiced speed loading a bit... but I've got a ways to go. :grey:

I did my first GADPA outdoor in January. Made the Feb match, but missed March. I'm really digging the outdoor. Love the extra complexity over the indoor matches. Really like shooting at SRGC.

Here's a vid from my run at the April GADPA match. Couple of mistakes...a malfunction on stage 3 (pretty sure I was riding the slide stop), but I'm feeling really comfortable with the pistol thing now that I've got a year under my belt.

So old thread... but thought I'd revisit since I've just passed the 1 year mark of "competitive" shooting journey.

I've been giving thought to 3 gun to add to my GADPA shooting. Need to stop being a sissy and get out for an Atlanta 3 gun match..,but I'll be honest. Kinda intimidated, I'm totally new to the shotgun.. having just bought my first in January. I've only done sporting clays with it. Practiced speed loading a bit... but I've got a ways to go. :grey:

I did my first GADPA outdoor in January. Made the Feb match, but missed March. I'm really digging the outdoor. Love the extra complexity over the indoor matches. Really like shooting at SRGC.

Here's a vid from my run at the April GADPA match. Couple of mistakes...a malfunction on stage 3 (pretty sure I was riding the slide stop), but I'm feeling really comfortable with the pistol thing now that I've got a year under my belt.

Shooting a couple of three gun matches will give you a pretty good idea of what you need to work on with your skills and equipment. It will also get you out into a nationally recognized shooting venue and more exposure to a broader spectrum of shooters.

I just saw this thread, I still shoot both sports ( IDPA & GADPA) they are not mutually exclusive. The Rules, however are not interchangeable. I've included my match Video from the last outdoor GADPA match at SRGC. If you think you want to try come on out and give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom