• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are there so few stainless shotguns available?

Stainless BT-100 and 1100 Comp

2014-09-06 13.53.01.jpg2014-09-06 17.44.26.jpg

This one is stainless and I wish I could find another one. This one is actually my cousins and he won't let it go.

Man that does look nice and for home defense wouldn't care about shine.
. View attachment 312567
View attachment 312568

Man this one does look good and for home defense the shine wouldn't matter to me. If I couldn't shoot 'em maybe I could blind them with glare long enough to roundhouse their butt!

I wonder if you could get an old all steel shotgun Ferritic nitrocarburized. (If I'm thinking of the right process.)
I had a Glock a long time ago that was beat to snot.
I took a scotchbrite pad and stripped all the phosphate off. It had a real cool look, and it didn't rust up when I carried it.

Gun companies do on occasion do one off's as research, or just for fun. I saw a factory Mini-14, one of the very early ones, chambered in 222 Rem at a gun show a long time ago in Washington state (Washington Arms Collectors Club). I don't know if it was a prototype, or a special order, but it was not for sale.

Last edited:
I have a pump stainless Charles daily.
I think it is stainless. It is in my safe. I will take it out and look when I do yearly cleaning in September.

This one is stainless and I wish I could find another one. This one is actually my cousins and he won't let it go.
. View attachment 312567
View attachment 312568
Isn't that still considered a Mariner? I dig it but I'm sure when it was in production it was a good bit more than the same model 500 in blued. When I was a teenager I had a Winchester catalog that had the model 1300 Defender and Mariner. I wanted that shiny ass wood stocked Mariner some kinda bad. But even in the late 80s it had a retail price of over $400.00.

Back
Top Bottom