• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why can't light escape from a black hole?

Black holes do emit light, it's thought the magnetic void at the polar regions.

They lose a single photon at a time extremely slowly. A couple of google trillion years and they will all evaporate completely.
This is true, however this only occurs when there is no more mass to intake and the pressure inside the black hole becomes less and less. It will eventually explode and release all the mass it has ever accumulated. But this is in trillions of years after all the red dwarfs burn out and there are no celestial bodies except black holes (black hole era)

This is true, however this only occurs when there is no more mass to intake and the pressure inside the black hole becomes less and less. It will eventually explode and release all the mass it has ever accumulated. But this is in trillions of years after all the red dwarfs burn out and there are no celestial bodies except black holes (black hole era)

Interesting. If you could see this explosion would you call it a "big bang"?

I think your avatar makes this question that much better but my best thought always light wouldnt shine out of a black hole as there was no sun in the middle of the black hole so for us to witness such a thing would only occur if there was a sun on the opposite side of the hole and if it acted as a tunnel of sorts as some believe (another thread you can start) then we would witness it on this end

I think your avatar makes this question that much better but my best thought always light wouldnt shine out of a black hole as there was no sun in the middle of the black hole so for us to witness such a thing would only occur if there was a sun on the opposite side of the hole and if it acted as a tunnel of sorts as some believe (another thread you can start) then we would witness it on this end
I dont understand.. are you talking about gravitational lensing?

many physicists have pointed out that we could all be living in a black hole, and the universe is just essentially cyclical.

The multiverse. One of the most amazing theories that Hawking ever wrote about and personally it makes a lot of sense to me. Our understanding of the universe stops inside a black hole because the laws of physics are different inside each of them.

The multiverse. One of the most amazing theories that Hawking ever wrote about and personally it makes a lot of sense to me. Our understanding of the universe stops inside a black hole because the laws of physics are different inside each of them.
exactly new rules, new physics. This would make even more since if the dark gravity that the universe feels is just an exotic type of particle in another universe exerting force on ours.

Haha yeah I never thought about my avatar in relation to this. Even ol' Early Cuyler would admire the work of Professor Hawking if he could read!

I dont understand.. are you talking about gravitational lensing?

No I think he is referring to some kind of trans-dimensional worm hole. Gravitational lensing wouldn't show us anything inside a black hole it would just distort the light around it that was still coming from this universe.

Back
Top Bottom