• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why do folks put scopes on their deer hunting rifles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying pointing a loaded gun at something that you don't intend to shoot is breaking one of the safety rules.........is it not?

I often wondered what the significance to having a scope on a rifle that you intend on shooting a large animal in the side with it anyway.
Wouldn't it be easier to skip the scope cost and the sighting, and just shoot the deer in it's side using iron sights?

Number one? If you're just shooting "the deer in it's side," you're doing it wrong and inhumanely and you probably shouldn't be hunting in the first place.

Number two? If you're unable to understand the simple light gathering principles of an optic that allow you too connect sooner than irons before sunrise and later after sunset, or the superior precision, verification, and magnification that an optics brings - you probably wouldn't be convinced even after an explanation.

I'm just saying pointing a loaded gun at something that you don't intend to shoot is breaking one of the safety rules.........is it not?
Rules are made to be broken. :evil:

Oh and Safety Sally? The term "loaded gun" is a redundancy since, according to Rule #1, as we all know, all guns are loaded at all times. :thumb:

Number one? If you're just shooting "the deer in it's side," you're doing it wrong and inhumanely and you probably shouldn't be hunting in the first place.

Number two? If you're unable to understand the simple light gathering principles of an optic that allow you too connect sooner than irons before sunrise and later after sunset, or the superior precision, verification, and magnification that an optics brings - you probably wouldn't be convinced even after an explanation.

Yep,one shot kills and precise bullet placement is important to me.My eyes aren't what they use to be so identifying size of buck or specifically quality.

Isn't target identification a rule? If you point a gun at an "intruder" that turns out to be your son are you not breaking the rules? Bazinga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom