• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why don't people like the 40 cal?

I'VE HEARD THIS BULL SH-- ABOUT 40'S HAVING SNAPPY RECOIL THEN THEY TRADE IT FOR A 357 SIG OR A 10MM AND BRAG ABOUT THE SPEED AN KNOCK DOWN POWER. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE RECOIL OF A 40 CAL BUY AN AIR SOFT PISTOL AN QUIT WHINNING. JUST SAYING
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

Someone on the internet said is was no good.......sheep jumped on board. Take advantage of all the sweet deals on .40 cal guns out there since no one wants them.

Of course it has!

But the difference is that the 9mm did not work before-- almost none of the 9mm hollowpoints on the market in the 90s would expand except under perfect conditions, and from duty-length barrels. Now the best 9mm hollowpoints expand after all sorts of intermediate materials, still penetrate deeply-- and do it from 3" barrels. That performance did not exist last century. The FBI and so forth realized that; to get decent performance you had to have the .40 or .45 or 10mm. But technology has changed since that decision was made.

Twenty years ago 9mm was not in the league with .40 and .45. Now it is. All are better-- but the 9mm improved dramatically more than those others.

the 40 s&w was a solution to a problem that they had immediately and needed solved quickly, just like the 30 carbine m1 carbine. the 30 carbine round solved the militarys problem with a light weight rifle that was low recoil, but now we have rounds that are much better that replaced it

the 40 s&w just like the 30 carbine will always exist even though there are better options

Ammo too expensive. Just like this stupid Raven I have. .25........

No, no, no. You need much work in the shameless plug department. See, like this...

www.johnscreeksoap.com

See what I did there?

Or, you can be super sly and insert a hyper link thingy. Like this.

I love soap.

You can even hide 'em in your signature line - but that's shameless plugging at an even higher level...

Back on topic.

Oh, and when you have 9mm, 10mm, and 45acp I don't have need for another caliber.

No, no, no. You need much work in the shameless plug department. See, like this...

www.johnscreeksoap.com

See what I did there?

Or, you can by super sly and insert a hyper link thingy. Like this.

I love soap.

You can even hide 'em in your signature line - but that's shameless plugging at an even higher level...

Back on topic.

Oh, and when you have 9mm, 10mm, and 45acp I don't have need for another caliber.
How did you hide that in there!!!!?

I have always liked .40. I have considered trading my G19 for a G23 because I prefer .40 to 9mm.
Earlier this year I took my cousin to shoot a handgun for the first time and she also preferred the .40 over the 9mm. She was putting them in there too.

You can get police trade-in G23's for a little over $300. Bring it to Glock Smyrna and have the internals replaced for free. Most haven't hardly been shot at all, mostly cosmetic wear. You end up with a like new pistol for not much money. Go to the range and get used to the "snap".

Why buy a gun like the 9mm and then have to buy the "right" ammo to make it perform like the .40 or .45? Thanks I got my answer.
Because then that right ammo will give you higher capacity and less recoil which means faster follow up shots which means dude is more deader faster

Back
Top Bottom