• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is 6.5 Creedmoor so popular?

280ai can be rough on brass if you shoot high nodes .284 can be as well but easier to tune and basically the same minus 100-200fps years past 7saum was all the hype and outperformed em both. now it’s the 7prc which is probably somewhere in the mix but im not very familiar with it. There’s a bunch of ways to get the same thing and nothing is really brand new and “wow”.

I think the last "wow" we will get with current powder technology is going to be composite cases. Thick steel case heads to handle what will amount to over pressure loads. Running 80-90k psi. Get another 200-300 fps. After that we need new propellants or projectiles or both. Mini APFSDS would be neat

Don't know much about either one, but I was always more interested in 6.5 Grendel. Thought about buying a rifle chambered in that cartridge but never did.

1689821285177.png

I bought a Browning X bolt youth model in 6.5cm for my son to hunt with. I really would have preferred a 7mm08 but 6.5cm is what I found and bought. It should be fine.

He is 9 years old but has been shooting AR’s since he was 5. Started shooting his .243 at 6, and killed his first deer last season with that same .243 at 120 yards…

He is also a very big boy for his age. 130# solid, and well over 5’ tall.

None of that has anything to do with 6.5cm, except that it has good ballistics and low recoil. Seems good for a youth hunter. That’s the only reason I bought it.

I don’t understand the hype and don’t care. I hope it will kill deer for him. If it doesn’t, we will go with something else. If he hits a deer in the right spot, I doubt if it will matter.

PS I really like shooting it myself. It’s crazy accurate at 300+ yards.

You know to tell if you are a fudd? It is 100% accurate as well. You relate every rifle to how it performs hunting.

Yeah I respectfully disagree. Deer are a solid test. They are tough animals, compared to the average man, and since we can’t legally or morally test these rounds on men, well, you get the point.

Yeah I respectfully disagree. Deer are a solid test. They are tough animals, compared to the average man, and since we can’t legally or morally test these rounds on men, well, you get the point.
We live in America, can't let pesky things like morals and legalities get in the way of science.

Back
Top Bottom