• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is 6.5 Creedmoor so popular?

1689781781832.jpeg

No, I just really don’t give a 💩. Nothing to understand. Like the guy said, everyone needs a 1000yd rifle to shot deer at 80 yds🤦🏻‍♂️
You know to tell if you are a fudd? It is 100% accurate as well. You relate every rifle to how it performs hunting.

I've got 4 Ackley Improved's...3 .243's and a .280....1 .243 is actually my sons, so that one really doesn't count...another is a benchrest gun, and 1 is a varmint gun.....I'm not so into the ballistics of what goes on when Ackley preforms his magic, however they all shoot great...probably because the benchrest is a Kelbly, my son's is a Williams Precision, and the other .243 & the .280 were both built for my dad by Doyle Anglin....when Doyle worked at William Precision, he built my son's gun as well....Doyle does GREAT work!!!
It's not magic. Blow out the shoulder and fill with more powder. You get more velocity. You can Ackley anything theoretically.

In a time when there wasn't a helluva lot of understanding about case design and ballistics, it was the simple idea that worked to get more velocity with nothing more than cutting a new chamber and fire forming available brass.

Ackley improved is overrated you don’t get much more over the parent cartridge. Best to chamber in a cartridge that better suits your needs if you’re gonna go that far. Chit ain’t worth the sugar.
I was pondering recently I think it’s easier to find a rifle in 280ai now than in 280. Might be the most successful variation.

Back
Top Bottom