• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why is black powder darn near dead?

My teenager bought a Uberti BP revolver

It’s a lot of fun to shoot

Like Steve Earle says in “devils right hand “

My very first pistol was a cap and ball colt

Shoots as fast as lightnin but she loads a might slow , loads a might slow .

a4466ad1ea13a39e827857a3f093322e.jpg

Let me run down to the library, do some research using the card catalog system, and I'll get us an answer. When I'm done I'll type it all up and mail it to okuma Steve so he can publish my findings on our next news letter to go out.

I used to shoot BP.

Gave it up.
Too much hassle, too slow rate of fire.
Cleaning was a chore.

HOWEVER, I wish somebody would make some cartrige-firing single-shot rifles that have the look of muzzle-loading BP guns.

I happened to just stumble upon this, I am actually from PaleoPlanet. If one wants to be a true hunter and outdoorsman, than they shall continue to hone in their skills, all the way down to the most traditional of firearms (for me it is aboriginal weapons), and to sharpen themselves and their senses of the surrounding environment. If you have bagged and can bag plentiful game with a modern weapon, move on to something to sharpen your senses on. In my realm, if you can make a thin knife out of a stone such as obsidian, than you are pretty good, but if you can make that same thin knife out of a much tougher rock, like quartzite or rhyolite, then you are truly becoming a master knapper.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom