• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why is deer season so long?

Have a second spot. I have hunted public land for many years and it's pretty easy to tell if there might be someone in your spot due to vehicles parked in your area. Keep that possibility in mind when you are scouting. You go to spot number one and there is a vehicle. A two minute drive to spot number two takes you into a completely different area. If needs be, go to spot number three. You have lost a total of four minutes.

I have always had much more of a problem having a spot truly to myself on clubs than on public land. Granted, I never hunt opening weekend of rifle season. That's when all the yahoos show up. Most of them won't be there the next week.

I've lost five minutes IF no one is there, but you've already suggested I drive an hour to get there. No thanks. I suggest free men begin to do as they will, when they will.

Most people I know don't fill tags because they don't have a place to fill them. I live within 20 mins of 2 WMA's and I couldn't manage to fill one tag this season bc they were over loaded with hunters or restricted on dates. Only deer I saw this year ran through the neighbors yard, and don't think it didn't occur to me to try to drop one of them.
During bow season one Wma you live close to is open all during bow season. The other is open all bow season and until Jan 1st after the first two weeks of rifle season. I can show you some good spots on both wmas. Especially during bow season.

You ever ask yourself why, if it is public, you have to pay for Crown for the privilege of using it?

Well most of the time they have roads cut thru with gravel and whatnot all thru em. Makes it easier to access all areas of the land. Somebody gotta do that work. It wasn’t me. And I’m pretty sure they didn’t do it for free. So I don’t mind helping pay because I’m grateful to have the land to hunt.

Well most of the time they have roads cut thru with gravel and whatnot all thru em. Makes it easier to access all areas of the land. Somebody gotta do that work. It wasn’t me. And I’m pretty sure they didn’t do it for free. So I don’t mind helping pay because I’m grateful to have the land to hunt.
Don't even try. He's made it clear he's an anarchist. That means no reasoning with him.

The irony is that he would probably be one of the first to complain about the lack of deer once his no regs idea annihilated them.

During bow season one Wma you live close to is open all during bow season. The other is open all bow season and until Jan 1st after the first two weeks of rifle season. I can show you some good spots on both wmas. Especially during bow season.
Guarantied he doesn't want to hear it.

Back
Top Bottom