• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why no s&w .40 caliber????????

The 40 short n weak has it's place in our very brief history. I am a die hard 10 mil fan, but I don't have bear paws so it's hard to find a comfortable grip in a 10 pistol.

I am also a Glock fanboy, so I have a G23 with an LWD 9 mil conversion barrel so it gives me options. And, if I want to shoot hyper-active 9 mil then I can get a factory 357 sig barrel and I got it made.

I realize that the FBI wanted to placate agents with a weak constitution, so the 40 S&W was engineered. But you gotta admit that the need for a better round for cops to shoot stray dogs with is a fairly compelling reason for the 40.

Bottom line - I like my foty.
I've never heard anyone who was shot with a forty say it didn't have enough Umph! to it.

I have a 9mm and a .40 S&W. I much prefer the .40
It's more accurate for me and the cost per round isn't prohibitive. I'd rather send bigger lumps of lead at the bad guy than smaller ones. Take both rounds out of the box at Wal-Mart next time you're there. See which one you'd rather have flying the other way.

Then again, I don't spend 4 hours/day practicing and target shooting so maybe that's why it's more accurate. I go to the range once every 2 weeks in the summer (give or take) and once a month in the winter. Either way, the .40 is like pointing a finger. The 9mm is like pointing a thumb with both eyes closed.

Back
Top Bottom