• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why People Hate Glocks?

Nothing part wise or mag wise is cheap with HK. Fact of life. Also Its best to have a p7 refinished. My nickel p7 has been sweat all over something wicked. Never a single mark of rust. They offer p7s in many new finishes now.
See my point. I could spend a crap ton of money on a P7,Spend some more getting it refinished,Spend a crap ton more tracking down mags. Spend a crap ton more tracking down parts. In the end, I end up with something that will do the same thing as my ugly old Glock. I would rather spend that time and money on rifles, or ammo, or midget hookers. Just me though. If you have a passion for HK hand guns, its probably worth it to you.

But lets be real civilians never low crawl or jump fences or ever do anything that would require a fully functional firearm for any type of engagement. All they need is "It goes bang when I squeeze the trigger. So its awesome."

The whole "this is my safety" - points at finger line is a joke. Try shooting moving and communicating and switching between primary and secondary weapons with no safety. Slap that AR over to your side and grab that secondary without putting the safety on on your primary. Tell me what its like when you have to dig the bullet out of your leg because you bumped the trigger. Pull that glock out of that holster then slam it back in after you use it. How do you think the new hole in your knee is gonna feel. Safeties are important to people who ever do anything other than just shooting.

1. Thank you for your services.
2. http://www.mtalsroundup.com/data/ten_comandments.pdf please read rule 3.
3. I have never put a bullet into my thigh after shooting rounds through my glock and slamming it back in. Sorry but when not in use my finger goes back on the slide where it belongs until I'm engaging a target.

I've been taught to not depend on a mechanical safety. I've been taught that if a situation dictates that it's dangerous to have a loaded weapon, unload it. It takes just as much time to load a weapon as it takes to disengage a safety. However the fact is, should your weapon be on "safe" and the same reasons you woulld want it on safe cause the safety to accidentally get bumped to fire, your weapon will still discharge. Sorry, while I understand you military mindset, you're gonna be ****ed if your safety fails.

See my point. I could spend a crap ton of money on a P7,Spend some more getting it refinished,Spend a crap ton more tracking down mags. Spend a crap ton more tracking down parts. In the end, I end up with something that will do the same thing as my ugly old Glock. I would rather spend that time and money on rifles, or ammo, or midget hookers. Just me though. If you have a passion for HK hand guns, its probably worth it to you.

Ive never had to buy HK parts. :) The mags always work and are not hard to find. Yes its worth it to me.

Guys,

Let's keep this discussion civil please.

There is no reason to get worked up and use coarse language towards each other.

1. Thank you for your services.
2. http://www.mtalsroundup.com/data/ten_comandments.pdf please read rule 3.
3. I have never put a bullet into my thigh after shooting rounds through my glock and slamming it back in. Sorry but when not in use my finger goes back on the slide where it belongs until I'm engaging a target.

I've been taught to not depend on a mechanical safety. I've been taught that if a situation dictates that it's dangerous to have a loaded weapon, unload it. It takes just as much time to load a weapon as it takes to disengage a safety. However the fact is, should your weapon be on "safe" and the same reasons you woulld want it on safe cause the safety to accidentally get bumped to fire, your weapon will still discharge. Sorry, while I understand you military mindset, you're gonna be ****ed if your safety fails.

Forget it. I will let you and everyone else make their own mistakes so you can learn from them. Been there done that already. Not even sure why I try to explain or even care.

My half-assed attempt at "coarse language" was not directed at anyone in particular.
Clearly stated in general.
Who so bothered about it?

I actually like the Glock 31. Makes a great carry piece when I am not actively trying to avoid getting shot. Light weight dependable. I just put it in a hard plastic holster and OC it. Great for trips to Walmart and date night or fishing.

Back
Top Bottom