• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why so many handguns are for sale with very low, or zero round counts?

Big_Blue

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
22   0
Reaction score
Why do I see so many guns for sale in the handgun forum which either have very few rounds through them, or in many cases, are advertised as new in box? Are they lying to us, or is something wrong with those guns? Seems to me they ought to be advertising thousands of rounds with zero malfunctions. When I see their posts I immediately want to ask, "What's wrong with the gun?" Did these guns just fall off a truck somewhere? What gives?

They bought them during the "panic" and are now trying to unload them as prices are edging down or they bought them trying to resell them for more than retail. Either way, ammo is more important at this time than the arms themselves as far as scarcity.

Round count don't matter to me because people lie and will say NIB. As long as it looks new, I am good! Good firearm mfg will back their guns lifetime!

I agree. It matters very little if you know what you're looking at. Besides, "never even loaded" gives the excuse for being able to ask new prices plus the current idiot tax attached. Hence your $800-1000 Glocks.

Sometimes I buy a gun and just put it up. Maybe i will shoot it later maybe I will sell it later maybe I will end up carrying it very day later or maybe I will sell it NIB later.

I tried to sell my rare glock once... Only got offered to $800. I will only let it go if its $1000.

As someone with a low round count gun up for trade/sale...the matter is simple. I am primarily a revolver guy. I bought a nice, LNIB Steyr M40 to try a semi-auto one more time. Even though the Steyr is nice, clean, has low recoil and one of the narrowest grips - it still doesn't work for me. Hence why I am selling a perfectly function, LNIB handgun. And I am not even adding some panic tax to the price tag...and still not many offers are coming across. I guess some people on here would rather gripe about pricing and LNIB guns than actually do some trading. Your choice...I'd rather trade personally.

I agree. It matters very little if you know what you're looking at. Besides, "never even loaded" gives the excuse for being able to ask new prices plus the current idiot tax attached. Hence your $800-1000 Glocks.

But its made in Georgia!!!

Insert other sarcastic comment here...

Back
Top Bottom