• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Why so many handguns are for sale with very low, or zero round counts?

There are some legitimate instances why this occurs. I've bought a new firearm before that I may not have had the chance to go christen before I see something else I want,and up for sale or trade it goes. Or you just might need the cash before you get the chance to shoot it.

But for the most part it's opportunist noobs trying to flip for profit, or long time ODT members doing the same by creating multiple profiles so they won't look like douches.

most were back-ordering every chance they got with different vendors - and some how, everything got back in stock AND got shipped out at the same damn time.

Last edited:
Many people buy it before they try it. Then they hate it. Then they ditch it. While many are legit I'm sure some folks try and glorify a gun that they have no idea how many bullets have been down the pipe. That's why it's up to you to inspect it before you hand over any cash.

I've got a Kahr up, the guy I got it from shot it 28 times. Seen them. Then I got it from him in a trade and only shot it once. So yeah there are a few instances where this happens

warning to anyone here... if i EVER say low round count on a handgun i own, it means less than 10k... i have a Ruger SR1911 " in the mail"

i can guarantee that by the first of march it'll have 1k down the pipe

i bought a hi-point off here that was "like new".. half hour after i got home i went through 2 boxes of 9

So why would any of you trade with one another if so many of you are apparently misrepresenting what you have?

I have a couple of Glocks that I've had for a while, one's had maybe 50 rds through it while the other's never been touched. I've got a Ruger MKIII 22 that I bought new in 06', had Volquartsen do some work on and I've only function fired it. My grand daughter shot it a few times 3 or 4 years ago. I never seem to find the time to shoot it. I have it when I do get ready though.

I've got more than one long gun that's never chambered a round outside the factory.

Not everyone's compelled to shoot everything they buy. I don't buy them to put up and never shoot, but now that I'm a little older it happens more often.

People are different, with different priorities. Sometimes just buying one scratches the itch.

I have put many, many rounds downrange over the years as I shot IPSC for 12+ years, I kept all the empty bullet boxes, so I know I loaded and shot over 176,000 rounds over those years, so in some ways I am "shot out". These days I tend to function test/break in/sight in handguns and then put them away or carry. For example I bought a New Sig 938 last week, went to the range the other day and put 100 rounds down her throat. Just picked up a crimson trace laser for her and will sight in another 50 rounds down the pipe, then clean her and carry her. Same with a Kimber Solo I just bought, have not fired it yet, will do so when her Crimson trace laser grips come in this week. I also have a new Springfield 1911 loaded SS that I bought a few months ago but have not fired and I am not sure if I will. Having one, NIB, unfired gun for some reason appeals to me. I do fondle her once in a while.................oops, better move on.

On a side note it has taken me 10 minutes to type this as it is HARD to type and look at the computer with a cat sitting directly in front of the monitor and keyboard!!!!!!!

samia 001.jpg

Attachments

• sami sami 001.jpg
    sami sami 001.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
So why would any of you trade with one another if so many of you are apparently misrepresenting what you have?

I have a couple of Glocks that I've had for a while, one's had maybe 50 rds through it while the other's never been touched. I've got a Ruger MKIII 22 that I bought new in 06', had Volquartsen do some work on and I've only function fired it. My grand daughter shot it a few times 3 or 4 years ago. I never seem to find the time to shoot it. I have it when I do get ready though.

I've got more than one long gun that's never chambered a round outside the factory.

Not everyone's compelled to shoot everything they buy. I don't buy them to put up and never shoot, but now that I'm a little older it happens more often.

People are different, with different priorities. Sometimes just buying one scratches the itch.

To me, this says it all.

I have over 10 in my safe that haven't been fired outside the factory. Some I got specifically for trading purposes some I just haven't got around to shooting some are collectors editions that I'll never consider shooting or even chambering a round.

Same thing applies to any hobby, I know a guy that collects cars that has a dodge viper with less than 1000 miles and a GT 500 mustang with less than 200 miles on it.

Back
Top Bottom