• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife has Glock 27 and has difficulty racking

The 27s recoil spring SHOULD be stiffer than the 23 or 22 because it has the same recoil pressure distributed over less slide weight and travel. But the real problem with racking a Glock is the wonderfully slick finish. In my experience the issue is trying to get a firm enough grip on the slide to pull it back without it sliding through the hand. Have her try it a few times and then wet her hands and pat them dry and try again. If the second time is easier it's because the skin has more grip when slightly damp. It makes it much easier. The solution is either get a $30 "slide racker" or add either some type of grip/friction tape to the slide or have the thing re-finished or sprayed with a friction adding finish. I'm thinking of Rhino Liner in the slide serrations personally. LOL!

Thanks, You guys are making too much sense!!!
Would Like a 380 Glock!

Not me. The Glock 28(.380) is identical in length, width and height to the G26/27/33. Even has the same capacity as the 26. The only difference is it weighs 1 oz less empty. If I'm giving up 9MM or better I'm taking a MUCH smaller package in the exchange.

Actually, I wonder if you could get a .380 barrel for a 26/27/33 like you can a 9MM barrel for the 27/33 and using 9MM mags shoot .380 out of the other baby Glocks.

Glock will refinish the slide for $45 and it is the duller, parkerized looking finish. I had it done twice. Think I would go that route rather than crossing gens permanently. Actually though, I am going to look at some grip tape and see if I can find something that will adhere to the slide and provide some better grip. Tractiongrips has some good things for the frame but I'm not sure about the slide.

You gotta figure additional weight savings between 10 cartridges of 95gr .380 vs the 10 cartridges of 115gr 9mm, plus the one ounce empty diff.

Besides getting a LoneWolf/KKM/StormLake custom 380 barrel for a G26/27 host, you'll need a reduced-strength recoil spring too.

They do show the loaded weight difference as 2.3 ounces on Glocks web site. 23.83 vs 26.12

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g28

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g26

The recoil spring for the G26 is the same as for the G27 AND the G33. Meaning that the recoil between the 9MM, .357 Sig and 40 S&W is close enough that the same recoil spring can handle all three. The .380 may be different, but I couldn't say.

Back
Top Bottom