• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wife has Glock 27 and has difficulty racking

I went through this with my wife. She found it easier to pull a slide that has an external hammer. She simply pulls the hammer back then pulls the slide.

she doesnt need a new gun. I had the same issue with my wife and like everybody else I got her an lcr in .38. but she hates the recoil and never shoots it. Now that we are doing uspsa every tues she shoots my g17 exclusively, she just had to learn how to rack the slide. she just locks out her arms and flexes her shoulder muscles to pull back and lets go to allow spring to slam it into battery. she can do it under stress as well. before you get a new gun, let her try that. if not, i have a lacr with less than 100 rounds if youre interested.......

Beretta PX4sc. The slide's not really any easier but the ambidextrous safety really gives you something to grab onto. If she's worried about the safety of carrying with one in the chamber maybe she would prefer a SA/DA. You could have one in the chamber with the hammer up/safety on.

Something that worked for mine was (No Rounds/empty mag)draw & aim practice and then dismantle/clean her own firearm (often timesborderline forced, but I believe in if you own one you should know how tomaintain one :D ). We did thisat home and used the TV as animated targets, we made a game out of it and sheseemed to enjoy it (Plus no range/Ammo Cost on my part...PERFECT) Also, shestarted with my G19 before downsizing to the G26...something about doing thingsthat way in her mind seemed to make racking and handling/comfort the subcompacteasier. Hope this helps.

Her subcompact GLOCK handle is too short for her to get the leverage needed to rack the slide..

..get her the compact G23.

My wife, after practice, now racks the slides in her Gen3 G19 and Gen4 G23 easily.

You do know there's 2 ways to rack the Glock slide, right?
Already have a 23... Don't remember if she has used it. I'll get it out this weekend.
Thanks

Cleaned the 27 Gen 3, 23 Gen 2 and 22 Gen 2 and racked. The 27 is very stiff as comapred to the 22 and 23. The spring in the 27 is different than than 22 and 23. The 27 and 22 have very few rounds through them. I was suprised at how difficult the 27 is to rack, Count on the 23 is unknown. I should have that slide charger gizmo in few days.

Back
Top Bottom