• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Will the Gun Show in Atlanta this weekend be worth going to?

Yes there were some nice guns, but I also noticed a few good looking women. Did you see the blonde and her friend working at the booth by the concession area?

Was she wearing a really low cut shirt with her goodies bulging out and short shorts..... Naw I didn't notice her.:becky:

Went around 1pm, parking lot was packed. hardly any line, saw a lot of stuff, talked to some of the vendors and dealers I know. Saw those $149 lowers, they did look good. I would have bought one if there were any reasonable LPKs to be had. Lot of high prices on the tables and walking around. Had a good time just looking though.

I got there at 8:15 and the line was just past the building. By 8:45 the line was circling around the parking lot near Jonesboro road.

Yeah as expected $30+ PMAGS (5.56), DPMS AR's $1,200 and AR (forged) lowers for $400. I was looking for a lower parts kit only one vender had CMMG LPK for $120 and I passed. One guy had an ammo can full of "milspec" AR bolt/carriers for over $200 something. The staking marks looked poorly done, another pass.

There were a few deals. I saw a lot of supplies like powder, primer and bullets. I was third in line and was going to get 1K of 55 grain pull down .223 bullets for $90 but a fourth guy was taken care of before me and left only 300 bullets, so I passed on them as well.

He had new soft points (.223) for $110/1K. Lots of powder, two venders were selling around normal prices one lost his mind and had his 8lb jugs marked at over $200. Georgia arms were selling .223 FMJ's but they looked like crap. I would not shoot these if given a choice. Georgia arms had Lee dies for $38 in many common calibers.

The best part was meeting fellow ODT member Maukyn to pick up a used rifle stock from him. We hit it off and reminisced about Crosman 760/766 pneumatic rifles of our youth, the Daisy "Golden Treasure box" of BB's, Crosman copper plated BB's in the milk carton and hunting small game with them.

It was nice to walk down the row upon row of gun stuff even if a lot of it was overpriced. I did bump into James Wininger (678) 334-4142 of UK Precision, Dallas Georgia. He is a new AR frame finisher/builder. He was selling his forged AR lowers for $149.99 and they looked good to go. He machines billet lowers as well. He said he would do a logo/etching for $20. I asked twice and he said $20! They make uppers as well.

http://ukprecisioninc.com/UK_Precision_Arms.html

You should have went by Beaver Creek Tactical...... He had CMMG LPK's for $89.

I saw those $149 lowers also. Looked really good. And he is located in GA.

I am thinking about bringing the grill and cooler down tomorrow and setting up a tailgate party. The past few RK shows I have gone to the only good deals to be had were in line or in the parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom